TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP 1 is 21155.

For those persons who have problems with stuttering you can also try my new beta Version WITH RTSP. It changes Winsock 1 to Winsock 2 with IOCompletetion.

chillertje

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    works!

Can someone tell me where this patch is in SVN?
    i can't find a svn release for version 1 final

It was my own mistake. it works with the final version of mediaportal. I put the tags in mediaportal.xml in a subtag of languages. That won't work!

It works now nice.

My problem blank screen problem what i get when i switched from live to record tv is gone.

Sometimes i encouter that channel switching takes 15 seconds(very slow).
    But normally it's a bit faster. I have increased the timeshifting filesize from 256 to 512. Hope that it's help.

chillertje

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Can someone tell me where this patch is in SVN?
    i can't find a svn release for version 1 final

It was my own mistake. it works with the final version of mediaportal. I put the tags in mediaportal.xml in a subtag of languages. That won't work!

It works now nice.

My problem blank screen problem what i get when i switched from live to record tv is gone.

Sometimes i encouter that channel switching takes 15 seconds(very slow).
    But normally it's a bit faster. I have increased the timeshifting filesize from 256 to 512. Hope that it's help.

It doesn't work as aspected. It was a good start but after a while channel switching became very slow. Sometimes after a switch i see a pease of the previous channel.
    Sometimes timeshifting just stops.

I switch back to RTSP

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there a way to only disable RTSP for recorded TV and leave it intact for live timeshifting? Live TV stutters as hell without RTSP; while recorded TV is running smoothly (and very important: comskip works).

clintebb

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    i also found live tv stutters, is good for the first 9 or 10 mins, but after that just stutters. recorded tv works great. changing channels on live tv can take up to 30 or 40 seconds.

originally i went looking for a fix, and found this because the server was recording 3 channels, playing back one of those on the client thats also on the server, and playing back a recording on my other computer, the recording that was playing on the client over the network was stuttering. cpu usage on the server was about 5-10% i think, and usage on the client wasnt much either. network traffix was insignificant, 0.5-0.6%

ive now changed back to using rtsp as live tv simply wouldnt work without it.

rvanmoorsel

Portal Member
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great patch!!

Gibman,

I just want to let you know that this is a great patch! I've been waiting for this since version 0.2.3! I began using MP because of it's multi-seat option, but that way comskip just didn't work. Now it does and the 'feel' of recordings is quicker! (I don't use timeshifting, so I can't tell if there's any improvement in that area...)
    One thing though; maybe it's an idea to put it as an option in MP configuration??

Thanks
    :D:D:D

René

artisticcheese

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Gibman,

I just want to let you know that this is a great patch! I've been waiting for this since version 0.2.3! I began using MP because of it's multi-seat option, but that way comskip just didn't work. Now it does and the 'feel' of recordings is quicker! (I don't use timeshifting, so I can't tell if there's any improvement in that area...)
    One thing though; maybe it's an idea to put it as an option in MP configuration??

Thanks

René
    Does Comskip works if you use this approach? Right now I just share recordings folder separate as Video folder and comskip works but I'd rather use "Recorded TV" option in TV.

So where do I download this thing?

rvanmoorsel

Portal Member
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Gibman,

Thanks

René
    Does Comskip works if you use this approach? Right now I just share recordings folder separate as Video folder and comskip works but I'd rather use "Recorded TV" option in TV.

Yes, it works great!! I just needed to add the "usertsp">no option as explained in the first post.
    First I also added the "recordingpath" and "timeshiftingpath" lines, shared those folders on my 'server' PC, map them on the client PC etc. but that didn't work good. Single recordings worked, but when there's more then one, a seperate folder is created and I couldn't play recordings in those folders. The logfiles are a BIG help whit this kind of problems and I found out that the single recordings were played from, in my case, R:\Recordings\something.ts and when there are multiple recordings it's R:\something\something1.ts. Where's the Recordings folder?? So those files couldn't be played in this setup. I could change the shared folder on the server, but than I could only play multiple recordings instead of single recordings.
    Then I read the first post a little better and decided to delete the lines "recordingpath" and "timeshiftingpath". That way the full UNC path is used. In my case \\192.168.0.10\D\Mediaportal\Recordings. At first this didn't work either, because my D drive wasn't shared as D, nor did the user that MP runs under have access on D. Fixed this and now everything works absolutely great!!!
    Hope my experience helps someone out here. When it doesn't work right away, look in the logfile!! It's a really big help. Mosty located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\MediaPortal.log

René

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom