TvPlugin schedule types and scheduling matching series on this channel (2 Viewers)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I seem to remember choosing the 'Check episode of already recorded programs...' option ages ago and it had unexpected ramifications. I have forgotten exactly why, but I think that it ignored series information and only record the first program in the series and ignored all others.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just to be clear, when you use the standard MP EPG, the series information is most often stored at the end of the description field in the form '(S10 Ep 6)'; though this bit has several formats.
    This depends on settings, no ?

zz1.png
    When the description field does not hold series information, the series information is usually stored in episodeNum; in the form '17/26'.

I think this lack of certainty regarding series information makes it difficult for MP to reproduce what WMC did though I have been able to arrive at a half-way house using my app.

I don't think or, I don't understand what you mean :

zz2.png

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    This depends on settings, no ?

View attachment 211298

I don't think or, I don't understand what you mean :

View attachment 211299
    I suspect you are using a different EPG source because I have to populate those fields using code to move series information from the description field to seriesNum and episodeNum (as shown in your picture). In my EPG the seriesNum and episodeNum fields are not populated by default.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    You may know that I developed my own (refactored) version of MP1 that uses centralized SQLite databases (in a multi-user fashion) to handle the client databases and I've been using that without any issues for ages now. I just don't have any problems any more with my multi-client environment - with client data being concurrent in real time for all users. I was originally happy to share that code but decided against doing that because it was too risky for existing users.

Maybe it's time for me to do the same thing with the Server component because I think the scheduler options don't really work for me and I could tailor options that work for me? I can also move the series information processing from my app to the EPG processing section in the server component making my environment a bit more simple.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    What do you mean for "default MP EPG" ? The DVB one ?
    My main EPG source is xmltv files completed (if needed) with DVB infos, as explained above.
    Here's where I set up my EPG:

I don't use any plugins.

Attachments

• EPG.png
      EPG.png
      41.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom