• Simulator Screen Shot Jan 20, 2017, 12.31.31 AM.png
    Simulator Screen Shot Jan 20, 2017, 12.31.31 AM.png
    1 MB

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Updating on this, current beta now has channel group selection and epg.

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Great app, and fills a niche with my setup on the AppleTV. Two (maybe three) bug reports and a suggestion for improvement:

• When watching a recording, the screensaver kicks in. Haven't noticed this with watching live TV (but not 100% sure). Using Android VLC Direct streaming profile.
    • When using the Direct streaming profile (the one at the top of the list), scrubbing doesn't work. The video just restarts from the beginning rather than from the point scrubbed to. Scrubbing seems to work ok on all the other profiles.
    • (Maybe a bug...) Using login credentials other than the default admin/admin account in MPExtended doesn't work. Credentials do work when testing from a web browser. Might be something to do with numbers and/or capital letters in the password?
    Platform details: ATV4, latest tvOS, MPExtended 0.6 beta 5, using wired ethernet network connection.

One suggestion for improvement:
    • Some more information (or more descriptive names) for the different streaming profiles would be great. This could be either documentation on your website where the info about configuration is published, but it would be better if it was located in configuration screen. I have no idea how to compare Android versus flash versus all the other options. Nor do I know what low/medium/high/ultra quality specifically mean. A quick google didn't turn anything up in the MPExtended docs either. What I need to know when choosing a profile (if I need to choose at all) is resolution/audio quality. I've resorted to trial and error which is tedious and a bit of a non-Apple experience.
    Anyway, thanks for a great app, and I'll leave a positive review in the app store.

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi, the latest update should resolve your screensaver issue. The first profile does not support scrubbing. It seems to be limitation of media portal more than anything else. Thats why i have text at the top suggesting you use the VLC direct profile instead. I think passwords are case sensitive. I use something other than the default admin ones and it works for me.

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    I have pushed a new update to Apple. It should be available in about a day. This version fixes any issues people have had with GMT time zones. It also adds top shelf support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom