tvscreen in background (1 Viewer)

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
perhaps it's just my ignorance, but I found a lot of screenshots of MP with the television in the background (full screen) and the menus of MP in front of it.

I can't find anywhere how to set this.

I have a directx compatible videocard and a wintv pvr 150 tv card.

is it only possible with dvb cards or am I missing something?

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I found it.
It works perfectly.

(never pushed this button before...)

the only time it's not working is when I watch streaming video from the internet.
I use the MyRadio plugin for this (I use the playlists option to watch streams that can be video as well).
I wrote a program to import playlists from some internet xml files.

When I watch the streams via the MyRadio plugin and try to switch to full screen video, MP tells me that full screen is only supported with TV and Video.
I understand that MyRadio is basically not used for video, but I see a little room for improvement here.

thanks.

nbradford

Portal Member
January 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Ive tried this a couple of times and thought it a neat feature, but Im displaying a 16:9 HDTV picture on a 4:3 CRT. Normally when watching TV, I have the A/R in normal, and the picture displays with the black letterbox bars on top and bottom of the screen. When I 'push the middle button' (what is this function called anyway? ;) ) the picture is displayed stretched to the top and bottom of the screen (so everyone looks quite thin!). Is there anyway to control the A/R when in this mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom