TVSeries preventing standby (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ltfearme ,

I've switched all my PCs to Windows 10, however, there now is the problem that Windows-controlled standby is not working anymore if MediaPortal is running. Windows

A closer analysis reveals TVSeries as the culprit with the remote database remaining open, which is blocking standby:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests
    [...]
    SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] \FileSystem\rdbss
    Eine Datei wurde über das Netzwerk geöffnet. Dateiname: [\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3] Prozess-ID: [5820]
    [...]
    Above DRIVER message disappears if I disable MP-TVSeries in the Config.

I have not been able to override this request. The command
    powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER rdbss SYSTEM
    is accepted but has no effect (with or without SYSTEM in the command string).

Can the plugin be adjusted that the database is closed if not in use?

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think that you may ignore above request.

While disabling TVSeries removes above rdbss message, it is then replaced by a similar one referring to MediaPortal.log. Actually any open file on a network is now preventing standby. The problem needs to be solved at Windows level.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For those interested in this feature: There is a possibility to show additional energy settings to address the issue of open remote files preventing standby, See here for details

The attached reg file will create the necessary registry entries for the three standard energy profiles (but not any custom one). The extended power settings now show an additional option to allow standby with files being opened on remote locations.

PowerSettings.JPG

Attachments

• StandbyRemoteOpen.zip
      462 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom