TVServer as service before log on (1 Viewer)

Callumgw

Portal Pro
June 2, 2008
Home Country
I'm installing TV Server on a Win7x64 Ult machine that will also be a home file server, logitech squeezebox server, and apache server. I want to have TVServer run as a service before anyone logs on, so I can have the machine restart unattended. I thought as a service started automatically it would do that, I even tried as "network service" but that seemed to brake things...

Has anyone done this? Did it work? how did you do it?

My fall back idea is to create a user with auto log-in then use a script to lock it again after short time. This idea would ensure all the right bits start as services.

C

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

TVServer by default runs as a service and autostarts - So I'm not sure what you have done/changed to alter that?

J.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TVServer by default runs as a service and autostarts - So I'm not sure what you have done/changed to alter that?
    This came up earlier today - if you install your own DB server, apparently the MP doesn't give the TV service a DB service dependency. So normally the TV service can only start once the DB service has started, but if you install your own DB server then TV Server could start before the DB is ready ==> problems.

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    mmm, so it should straight out of the box.....I was playing around with WAMP servers (XAMPP) so that may have messed things up. I've played with a few things, like ISS7, so a clean install from a formatted drive might clean things up. Now that I know the things I want it should be quick enough. I'm using Apache and not a WAMP because I only want a simple webserver and don't want to mess with two things using mySQL.

Thanks, lets see how it goes.
    C

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom