TvServer cannot Write to network share since upgrade to Win10 (2 Viewers)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I always stream livetv and recordings to my nas. This was never a problem until the upgrade to Win10 of the server.

Since than the tvserver running under system user always reports no free disk space.

The tvserver-error.log is this one:
    Code:
    [2015-12-22 10:13:23,397] [Log    ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Failed to create timeshifting folder or clean up old timeshift files!
    System.IO.IOException: Der angegebene Server kann den angeforderten Vorgang nicht ausführen.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       bei System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
       bei System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
       bei System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
       bei TvService.TVController.OnDeviceAdded(ITVCard device)

Under win7 this was working fine. The share is a guest share so no credentials involved. Path is \\freenas\aufnahnen\ts

Stefan

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Stefan

The share is a guest share so no credentials involved.
    I'm not an expert with shares, but it does seem like the most likely cause of the problem is related to permission/access - either for creating/modifying/deleting files and/or folders on the NAS share, or for accessing the network (ie. firewall).

Try to temporarily change the time-shifting and recording paths to a local folder.
    After that, try to change the time-shifting and recording paths to the NAS share again.
    If this doesn't solve the problem, please provide the full TV service log file.

Regards,
    mm

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Local works fine. This isn't an mp problem at all. It's completely Windows related. The system user doesn't seem to have network share access...

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Luckily my TvServer is a VM. I rolled back to the Win7 snapshot before i upgraded. Everything is working fine again. I've no idea what's wrong with WIn10 or the upgrade path. Even a 2nd Update gave me the same result. If someone finds out the problem. Please post here. Thanks!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the share running on a Windows OS? If yes, you can disable the need to use credentials for it.

If connecting to a Samba NAS you normally need an account on the server, hence it depends on which user/account is trying to connect. Check out the Windows event log for details about the user context of the attempted connection to the share.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had something similar.Just delete your shares and recreate them.
    Are you using Freenas? Why should deleting them on the server help? Do you use WIn 10?

Is the share running on a Windows OS? If yes, you can disable the need to use credentials for it.

If connecting to a Samba NAS you normally need an account on the server, hence it depends on which user/account is trying to connect. Check out the Windows event log for details about the user context of the attempted connection to the share.

No it's a Samba share. And i use the guest access. So no need for an account. It also works fine with WIn 10 for my normal user account. It just does not for the local service account all services are running with.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Win10 security has been enhanced. It now insists on an authenticated SMB login. However, it is possible to disable this behavior in the registry.
    Change/create the following DWORD entry and set the value to 1:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\AllowInsecureGuestAuth

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Already tried that. Result still working as a desktop user without cred but still not for a service :-(

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then I am out of ideas.

Can't you just have your share require authentication rather than using guest account?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom