[solved] TVServer disturbs other TV Card (1 Viewer)

Sortab

October 22, 2014
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have a Cinergy C PCI TV Card and a Terratec H5 USB TV Card. The latter is configured to work in TVServer - and does so fine. The Cinergy PCI card is not enabled in TVServer but used with another program, DVB Viewer Pro, which doesn't have the USB TV card enabled.

My problem is when I am recording/watching TV using DVB Viewer (and thus the PCI card), when TVServer starts streaming from the USBcard, it freezes the PCI Card and stops the stream/recording. If I restart the DVB Viewer program it works fine immediately - but alas, the recording has been ruined.

I think it's the initialization of the USB TV Card that is the culprit. Any suggestions to fix this - besides disabling the TVService when recording with DVB Viewer?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Sortab! :)

I think it's the initialization of the USB TV Card that is the culprit.
    Tuner initialisation requires a bit of trial and error, so this wouldn't surprise me very much. However, if you want to be sure about the cause of the problem then best would be if you can provide log files and date/time details of when the problem last occurred.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Any suggestions to fix this - besides disabling the TVService when recording with DVB Viewer?
    Yes, two suggestions to workaround the problem:
    1. Enable preloading for the H5 tuner so that it is initialised on system startup, rather than when needed. That way if the initialisation is the problem it won't have to happen during a DVBViewer recording.
    2. Try to use the Cinergy tuner with TV Server and the H5 with DVBViewer. This may not help, but you might be surprised...

Regards,
    mm

Sortab

October 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello and welcome Sortab! :)

Thanks! :)

Tuner initialisation requires a bit of trial and error, so this wouldn't surprise me very much. However, if you want to be sure about the cause of the problem then best would be if you can provide log files and date/time details of when the problem last occurred.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Will remember this for the future.

Yes, two suggestions to workaround the problem:
    1. Enable preloading for the H5 tuner so that it is initialised on system startup, rather than when needed. That way if the initialisation is the problem it won't have to happen during a DVBViewer recording.
    2. Try to use the Cinergy tuner with TV Server and the H5 with DVBViewer. This may not help, but you might be surprised...

I tried you 1st suggestion and enabled preloading of the card. And hooray - it seems to have fixed the problem. Did a bit of testing and it now works flawlessly. Even after a reboot of the computer.

Thanks for the help and have a great day/evening (depending on your timezone) :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again, and thanks for reporting your results. (y)

And hooray - it seems to have fixed the problem.
    Fantastic! :)

Thanks for the help and have a great day/evening (depending on your timezone) :)
    Thanks, and likewise to you. :)
    Here in New Zealand it is almost 11 AM. Beautiful day outside; sun shining, calm. Couldn't ask for a better spring day. :D
    I guess it is evening in Denmark?

PS: I'm curious about why you use both TV Server and DVBViewer... ;)

Sortab

October 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Here in New Zealand it is almost 11 AM. Beautiful day outside; sun shining, calm. Couldn't ask for a better spring day. :D
    I guess it is evening in Denmark?

Yes - it was almost midnight when I posted.:sleep:

PS: I'm curious about why you use both TV Server and DVBViewer... ;)

I've been using DVB Viewer for a very long time. It was actually my brother's idea that I should install TV Server so he could stream some TV from me when he needed to watch some sports or other channels he doesn't have himself. So it's actually a service I provide for my brother :)
    I'm just so used to using DVB Viewer that I've continued to use it even though I also have TV Server installed. One might call it laziness, but it works fine for me :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom