[Help Us!] TvServer does not handle stop request (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Alpha
Windows Version: Windows 7

Since MP 1.2.0 Alpha the TvService does not handle stop requests ("net stop tvservice") properly. The TvService process is ended (aborted), but the OnStop() routines are not run (neither in tvservice nor in the tvservice plugins).
To reproduce the situation call "net stop tvservice" or stop the running tvservice from control panel. In the tv log you will not find any OnStop() or cleanup code, the log just finishes without any notice (therefore it makes no sense to provide a log).

Michael

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

I think I'm seeing the same thing. Sometimes I also can't kill TvService.exe from task manager or with taskkill - it just refuses to "die". Requires a restart...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    in 1.2 the service has been changed to asynchronous start/stop so when you stop service it will return instantly but service will not stop straight away.

If you leave this a minute or so does the service end?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm 90% sure that the correct answer is no. I'm not really patient enough to wait very long though. I usually restart the computer in frustration after 30 seconds or so.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...furthermore, like michael_t says, the graphs are never disposed even if the TV Server process does stop in response to manual control in TV Server config or stop/restart from service management...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom