TVServer failed to create database (1 Viewer)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I thought I have a failure in my TV database, so I stopped the TVService and MySQL service and deleted the mptvdb folder to create a fresh one. After that I startet the MySQL service again and startet TV-Server config. I got an error with "failed to create database" and the config didn't start. A look into the mptvdb showed me that it created only 27 files. Usually it should be more than 60 files. I can't start TVService service and TV-Server config. Why do I get that error.
I'm using MP 1.12 and MySQL 5.6.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    so I stopped the TVService and MySQL service and deleted the mptvdb folder to create a fresh one.
    Really bad idea. :(
    If you're going to delete a database, you should do it the proper way - with SQL (drop schema) or through the DB management GUI (which is generating drop schema SQL for you).

After that I startet the MySQL service again and startet TV-Server config. I got an error with "failed to create database" and the config didn't start. A look into the mptvdb showed me that it created only 27 files. Usually it should be more than 60 files. I can't start TVService service and TV-Server config. Why do I get that error.
    Probably because you have not properly deleted the database, and now MySQL is confused.

Try to delete the database properly, and then TV Server may be able to recreate it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom