[fixed] TvServer while scanning doesn't add new IPTV channels (1 Viewer)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
We now identify channels based on ONID +TSID +SID as we are supposed to according to the DVB specifications (We used to do it different, not sure how but i thought the name was involved).

HOWEVER: DVB IPTV has different specifications, which are not implemented by us and seem to be somewhat conflicting with this change. Implementing DVB IPTV will take quite some time (specs are huge and very different to how we are supposed to treat DVB-C/S/S2/T) and we haven't even started yet. Perhaps there is a quick workaround to get it "working" again, but i can not promise anything.

Edit: This is the mantis involved: http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=2128

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Would it be possible to check out the pre 27355 SVN with SVN 27355, compare which files have been altered (and how) and 'roll back' these changes in 1.2.0 beta? (perhaps it's a single altered file, like the one georgius patched?) Ive done a bit of searching and comparing 1.1.2 database with 1.2.0 and PmtId seems to be the problem.

Or would that be a failure from the get go?

I really really like the features of 1.2.0 beta, but this problem is a WAF massacre :) It's a bit annoying, since it involves only 4 channels that are 'important' to me (my girlfriend that is), the rest is working nicely.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
A rollback is not going to happen. If we do something it will be a fix. A rollback is way too complicated because it hits a lot.

For now: Can you try to add them manually based on the info in your log files?

So that will be:

Found: DVBIP:tv:Technicolor Nederland 1 HD Freq:0 ONID:4100 TSID:9 SID:1 PMT:0x3E8 FTA:True LCN:10000 Url:udp://@224.1.3.1:12110
Found: DVBIP:tv:Technicolor Nederland 2 HD Freq:0 ONID:4100 TSID:9 SID:1 PMT:0x3E8 FTA:True LCN:10000 Url:udp://@224.1.3.2:12112
Found: DVBIP:tv:Technicolor Nederland 3 HD Freq:0 ONID:4100 TSID:9 SID:1 PMT:0x3E8 FTA:True LCN:10000 Url:udp://@224.1.3.3:12114

For the rest see your logging.

I can not give any quarantees that it will work, but it is worth a try.

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ohw I don't mean the MP dev team should do it :) I've got some time on my hands myself right now... But thnx for the workaround! I hope it will work.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Then still you might face a very big job. It is not a simplistic change that we did. The mantis names the revisions, so in theory you could revert it.

If manually adding channels works for you, there is a quite easy workaround to make in the code. So no reverting is neccesary in that case. Let me know how it works-out.

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I got it working.... By checking 'Free to air' on every channel that didn't work... One whole day of SVN downloading, patching and compiling and it comes down to a simple checkmark. LOL :D

Learned a lot though! Thanks for the swift support :D

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I missed the part of the patch completely. About that: What you are adding in the patch is exactly what we have been removing with our refactoring. The reasons why we want to remove that are:
1. Not according to DVB specs (Perhaps DVB-IP will differ)
2. It is not reliable. There are certain streams flagged as hasVideo while they are not video at all (has to do with ATSC / DVB id's).
3. When a channel is off-air (not yet implemented in MP) there is no way to detect the hasVideo / hasAudio.
4. When we are going to improve channel scanning (not yet implemented in MP) there will most likely no longer be a hasAudio / hasVideo flag available at scan time.

If you are to make a patch (of which i can not tell whether it will be accepted) then it has to be made in such a way that it only affects DVB-IP since that is the only place where it does not work.

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I suppose you're talking about georgius' patchwork? I'm using none of it right now, no updated filter or dll's whatsoever. Plain, good ol' 1.2.0 beta. I just clicked 'Free to Air' and it worked :)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I suppose you're talking about georgius' patchwork? I'm using none of it right now, no updated filter or dll's whatsoever. Plain, good ol' 1.2.0 beta. I just clicked 'Free to Air' and it worked :)

Yes, it is about georgius patch.

But what i do not understand: Channel scanning, does that work too now? I thought that in your logging the ONID + SID +TSID was the same for each channel. If that is the case, a clean channelscan should not work and only result in 1 channel (if i am not mistaking).

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Yes, it is about georgius patch.

But what i do not understand: Channel scanning, does that work too now? I thought that in your logging the ONID + SID +TSID was the same for each channel. If that is the case, a clean channelscan should not work and only result in 1 channel (if i am not mistaking).

Yes, that would be true. So, for the purpose I reinstalled 1.1.2, did a scan and imported that in 1.2.0 and checked FTA. Perhaps that it's something worth mentioning for people who're upgrading to 1.2.0 beta and using IPTV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom