TVService causes CPU spike every 5 seconds or so... (1 Viewer)

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TVService causes CPU spike every 5 seconds or so causing stuttering/pauses when watching recordings or LiveTV.

I've narrows it down to the tvservice using basic logic. If I kill the TVservice process everything stops. So I'm 99% sure either tvservice or something interacting with it is causing the tvservice to spike my CPU.

When you're watching LiveTV or a recording I'm getting this annoying stutter/pause every 5-10 seconds that corresponds to the CPU usage spike.

My system settings are current in my profile, but I'm currently using the Mustayaluca skin. Though the CPU is spiking even when MP isn't running (when only the tvservice is running as a process).

And help would be appreciated.

Chirs

PeeeWeee

Portal Pro
July 20, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Same here.
Only annoying in slow camera moves, but it's there. I thougt my geforce g210 could just be to weak.
Now I saw this thread and though it could be helpful to say hi. Hi.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Prossibly related to this issue I posted?

It doesn't cause playback stuttering for me (CPU usage spikes are quite low and I use DXVA2 anyway) but the effect is the same.

PeeeWeee

Portal Pro
July 20, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmmm ... changing the database huh ...
I have no schedules running and my EPG grabs data for 80-90 channels.

I'm wondering if I should simply wait for the stable/final 1.3, since we sure will have to setup everything new from the scratch then, not?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
To be clear, updating MySQL doesn't fix the problem, for me at least. It might reduce the size of the spikes but other random things seem to do that too.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    TVService causes CPU spike every 5 seconds or so causing stuttering/pauses when watching recordings or LiveTV.

I've narrows it down to the tvservice using basic logic. If I kill the TVservice process everything stops. So I'm 99% sure either tvservice or something interacting with it is causing the tvservice to spike my CPU.

When you're watching LiveTV or a recording I'm getting this annoying stutter/pause every 5-10 seconds that corresponds to the CPU usage spike.

My system settings are current in my profile, but I'm currently using the Mustayaluca skin. Though the CPU is spiking even when MP isn't running (when only the tvservice is running as a process).

And help would be appreciated.

Chirs
    It's not clear from logs, but I guess that power scheduler is causing problem. I recommend to disable all plugins in TV Service and test live tv or monitor TV service process (because you wrote that problem still persists even MP client is not running). If on all disabled plugins you still have problem, than problem is directly in TV service. If not, try to enable first plugin and test, than second and test, etc. Let us know results.

gambler3k

Portal Member
    March 11, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    First forumpost =)
    Any updates on This issue?
    I have the sameproblem, its very annoying... Causes my Mouse to "lag" in Windows also. And when watching movies, tv-Series and livetv Inside MP.

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    had the same problems here (with 1.2.3. on a single setup) - mysld.exe used about 50 percent CPU average, causing stuttering backup of any kind of video.
    as soon as I deleted a view "old" schedules, the CPU usage of mysqld.exe is now below 5 percent. It seems that one schedule with setting "all channels" caused the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom