TVService losing settings when recording/timeshift folders are not reachable (NAS) (1 Viewer)

wawa79

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Niort
Home Country
France France
MediaPortal Version: 1.7.0

Description
Hello,
I was waiting for the new WOL function in MP 1.7 to fix an issue I have with TVServer. Unfortunately WOL is limited to music/videos/pictures folders.

It would be great if it covered also TV server folders (recordings and timeshift are on my NAS as my PC only has a small SSD).

When TVServer resumes faster than my NAS from standby:
1) TVService does not find its Recordings folder and then deletes all existing recordings from the DB.
I must run TV-Server configuration to reimport them (not convenient for common users)
2) TVService does not find its 'Timeshift' folder and returns a 'no signal' message when trying to watch TV: a 'timeshift failed' would be a more appropriate notification.

Of course, all this could be fixed if TVServer was sending a WOL to the host and wait a few seconds to be able to access them again.

Steps to Reproduce:
Configure recording and timeshift folders to a shared folder (from a NAS or another computer) in TV Server configuration.
Start MP and record a few secs of a TV program. Go to TV > Recordings to check the recorded program is there. Exit MP
Disconnect the sharing host.
Start MP, go to TV > Recordings: the recorded program is not there (this is normal...). Try watching TV and see the 'no signal' message.
Exit MP
Reconnect the sharing host
Start MP, go to TV > Recordings: the recorded program is not there (this is NOT normal...).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is a patch/bin for 1.7.0Pre-release that didn't delete recording (auto) while share is offline but you can do a cleanup manually :)
    But it will not solve the timeshift part lol.

Like it touch the TVE Engine side, i think this can be added for TVE35 @regeszter what do you think ?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

MediaPortal Version: 1.7.0

Description
    Hello,
    I was waiting for the new WOL function in MP 1.7 to fix an issue I have with TVServer. Unfortunately WOL is limited to music/videos/pictures folders.

It would be great if it covered also TV server folders (recordings and timeshift are on my NAS as my PC only has a small SSD).

Can you test the following?

1. Download the wol.exe from here.
    2. Create a batch file with the wol.exe to wake up your nas.
    3. Test the batch file.
    4. Open the PowerScheduler server plugin and set up the "Run command before standby / after wakeup" to run this batch file.
    5. Test it.

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Can you test the following?

1. Download the wol.exe from here.
    2. Create a batch file with the wol.exe to wake up your nas.
    3. Test the batch file.
    4. Open the PowerScheduler server plugin and set up the "Run command before standby / after wakeup" to run this batch file.
    5. Test it.
    This is the way I set it up also.
    But time to time, TVServer is not patient enough or the NAS resume not fast enough and the connection to the share is not made. And when this happens, TV Server looses all recordings.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Is this issue - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/the-list-of-tv-recordings-automatically-erased.123177/ - the cause of the auto-removal of the recordings when the NAS is not reachable ?

Yes, that is a solution for:

"1) TVService does not find its Recordings folder and then deletes all existing recordings from the DB.
    I must run TV-Server configuration to reimport them (not convenient for common users)"

But we should to create a solution for:

"2) TVService does not find its 'Timeshift' folder and returns a 'no signal' message when trying to watch TV: a 'timeshift failed' would be a more appropriate notification."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom