[confirm] TvService: no recordings after resume from standby (1 Viewer)

pee

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
After resume from Standby the TvService seems to ignore any kind of recordings (manual, scheduled before and after resume).
I couldn't find an entry in tv.log (debug mode) or any other log wich corresponds to the time the record should have been started, except error.log (tvserver).

Code:
2013-01-12 14:00:36.613199 [(7)]: Exception  :System.ObjectDisposedException: Das SafeHandle wurde geschlossen.
  bei Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
  bei System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
  bei TvService.TVController.OnNewSchedule()

This error lead me to another Bug report for 1.3.0 Alpha. There are more logs but they also found nothing else this error message.
Restarting the tvservice after resume with powerscheduler fixes this but leads to other unwanted behaviour for me.

Regards,
Pee

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After resume from Standby the TvService seems to ignore any kind of recordings (manual, scheduled before and after resume).
    I couldn't find an entry in tv.log (debug mode) or any other log wich corresponds to the time the record should have been started, except error.log (tvserver).

Code:
    2013-01-12 14:00:36.613199 [(7)]: Exception  :System.ObjectDisposedException: Das SafeHandle wurde geschlossen.
      bei Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
      bei System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
      bei TvService.TVController.OnNewSchedule()

This error lead me to another Bug report for 1.3.0 Alpha. There are more logs but they also found nothing else this error message.
    Restarting the tvservice after resume with powerscheduler fixes this but leads to other unwanted behaviour for me.

Regards,
    Pee

We still need the full logs and much more information. For example, we would need to know what you were expecting to be recorded and when, so that we know what is not working.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    A long shot here as you haven't supplied enough information.

Your system may need longer to init after resume so as no tuner cards are correctly detected and configured schedules therefore can't start.

You coud try intoducing a delay set this to about ten seconds, restart the service and test. Do not use the reint setting in PS as it is known to cause oddities.

delay.JPG set to ten seconds

reinit.JPG do not use.

As above though you will get more response if you setupyour user settings for your PC and also ALWAYS suply LOGS with your Detailed questions.

pee

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here the logs.

My Setup:
    Windows 7 X64
    TBS6981 DVB-S2 Dual Tuner
    UAC ON
    MediaPortal 1.3.0 beta
    powerscheduler++ (I also tried powerscheduler, but same result)
    MPExtended 0.5.2
    WebMediaPortal 0.5.2
    WifiRemote 0.7

what I did during logging:
    - start TvService
    - start Mediaportal
    - tune to ZDF HD
    - schedule a recording (17:00 "heute" on ZDF HD)
    - turn of tv and wait 5 min for auto standby
    - pc wakes up at 16:57 (2 min powerscherduler++ setting and 1 min pre recording)
    - auto standby again 5 minutes later without recording
    - manually resume pc
    - tune to ZDF HD
    - start a manual recording but nothing happens

I don't think it has anything to do with the init time because when I switch on a tv channel and try to start a manual recording it also fails without any response except the given error message.
    The error message I postet before only comes up after I delete a failed recording from the scheduled recordings and then every time I try to start a recording.

It definitly worked before, it may have been caused by one of the last windows updates (before I updated to 1.3.0 beta). I don't recorded that much before so I don't know exactly since when this error happens on my System.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Did any updates change your TBS drivers? If so, try rolling them back.

After resume, can you turn on live TV on the channels that fail to record?

pee

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did any updates change your TBS drivers? If so, try rolling them back.

After resume, can you turn on live TV on the channels that fail to record?

No changes on TBS drivers and yes I can tune to those Channels as my logs prove.
    The one and only thing wich does work after resuming from standby is recording, I even can't manual record a channel I'm currently watching. (and even can't find anything in the logs which corresponds to that)

EDIT:
    2013-01-12 17:09:47.480943 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TVHome:Record action
    This is when I clicked Record on a channel I currently watched. I retried it a couple of seconds later.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Well, the best thing to do, from the point of view of logging, is to resume from standby and simply hit 'record now', and provide the full logs (server and client) for that.

pee

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, the best thing to do, from the point of view of logging, is to resume from standby and simply hit 'record now', and provide the full logs (server and client) for that.
    Yeah I did... its in the logs, at 17:09:13 I manually resumed the pc, turned on tv and tried to record.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    A quick scan of your logs seem to show the tvserver is doing its business and that it could be MP GUI that is failing.

To test use the TVSERVER config to manualy start timeshifting after a resume event.

Also you can set MP GUI to restart after resume.

There may be other problems but this is a good place to start.

pee

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Timeshifting works after resume, only recording does not. In the MP GUI logs the record events are there:
    2013-01-12 17:09:47.480943 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TVHome:Record action
    But TvServer is not responding to it in any way, there is no corresponding entry in de tvserver log.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom