TvService odd address use (1 Viewer)

kaidoloor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2010
    Home Country
    MP 1.6 on win7.

My Resource Monitor shows that mysqld.exe and TvService.exe is communicating with rate.ee. Why is that? This has been like that for ages, but maybe it is not correct? I have actually disabled that domain in my router to keep my kids away from that social networking site, but why on earth is appears in TvService? Exchange of EPG?

br,
    Kaido

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      294.3 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I used msft Process Explorer to look at TvService.exe and mysql. I only see activity to local IP addresses for my systems. 192.168.0.198 is a HDHR tuner connected to a local router. Everything else is my TVserver w7-mepo.

A 2nd random data point, Win7 MePo 1.5

Attachments

• TvSvc_mysql.PNG
      TvSvc_mysql.PNG
      92.5 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My Resource Monitor shows that mysqld.exe and TvService.exe is communicating with rate.ee. Why is that?
    No idea. For mysqld to be doing it - very unusual, because TV Server can't tell MySQL to do anything like that - suggests to me that you have incorrectly configured DNS on your PC.

This has been like that for ages, but maybe it is not correct? I have actually disabled that domain in my router to keep my kids away from that social networking site, but why on earth is appears in TvService? Exchange of EPG?
    Probably a "red herring" pointing to incorrect network configuration. It is possible for TV Server plugins (eg. XMLTV, WebEPG, SchedulesDirect) to contact certain websites for EPG... but only if you configure the plugins to do that.

kaidoloor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Solved! I found the following in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"

#Begin Romaco Timeout Site Blocker
    127.0.0.1 rate.ee
    #End Romaco Timeout Site Blocker

Romaco Timeout was a parental control software I used to limit kids' use of PC. I think deleting these lines will sort this out.

Superthanks for thinking along. MP rocks!
    Kaido

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom