TVService preventing Standby (1 Viewer)

itm

Portal Pro
October 15, 2005
I'm running MP 1.20 on Windows 7 SP1. I'm unable to put the machine into Sleep Mode as the TVService is preventing Sleep. In TV Config I have tried disabling both EPG Grabbing while Idle and EPG Grabbing While Timeshifting but it makes no difference.
In PowerScheduler config I have also disabled "Prevent Standby When Grabbing EPG"
This seems to be an old issue but I can find a reference to a solution anywhere
???

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you add some logs to this post? Psychich Debugging is a too advanced topic for most of us ;-)

How do you know that TVService is the one preventing sleep? Did you check powercfg /requests ?

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    Sorry I didn't realise the psychic debugging was no longer on offer.
    Yes the output of powercfg /requests is below, and tv.log is attached...

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] AMD High Definition Audio Device (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_791A&SUBSYS_00791A00&REV_1000\5&13fb023&0&0001)
    An audio stream is currently in use.
    [DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
    An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.
    [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvService.exe (TVService)

AWAYMODE:
    [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvService.exe (TVService)

Attachments

• tv.zip
      150.2 KB

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    I also tried the following but it had no effect whatsover:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER "AMD High Definition Audio
    C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER "Legacy Kernel Caller" System
    C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requestsoverride SERVICE "\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvService.exe" System
    C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requestsoverride

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess you have several issues here.

1st your PowerScheduler: For debugging turn on the extensive logging (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/13_Plugins/Power_Scheduler) or my general recommendation would be to install PowerScheduler++

2nd your Audio Driver disallows shutdown. For that you already have the requestsoverride, so that should not cause insomnia anymore

3rd the file service is a remote client. For that I created 4 different requestsoverride before it worked (upper/lowercase & long & short path).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom