TVTome Parser - Revived - now TV.com - Beta available (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Glad you guys like it :)

I've found someone crazy enough to look at the ugly code I wrote and help with this, hehe ;-)

So perhaps there will be an update soon...

Hey crazy person..........identify yourself ;-)

Till then

A

Anonymous

If you need any testers just let me know, you can always send me a PM here or find me on IRC with the nickname "decoy"

Helza

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2004
    Excellent.. I could use this plugin as i have many shows aswell :).. i watch more shows this way then i watch "real" tv :)...

I'm gonna try as soon as i get home...

critifer

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2005
    Guys - some help with verifying my results?

Guys,

Toss me a bone (-; I have everything installed "think I understand the logic" and run the app with no errors. MP records in a flat file format single dir with naming as such:

9 WDRB_Friends_200502100000p758

I am trying to get a grip on where within the MP interface I would find the structured results. I am not sure my videodatabase2 was altered per the date and time.

we don't have to actually complete the URL in the file - it is parsed together correct?

Please just let me know how I can verify it is working, and when done where the programs (with ard which I'd like) would be visible.

Like everyone here - this is MAJOR for me - I am sitcom heavy.

Thanks for any and all help folks
    Chris

critifer

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2005
    More Info...: Guys - some help with verifying my results?

Again, a little more data but here is what a sample of my Recordings Path would look like - very MCE like in a flat single dir. I am not sure if the app makes the moves, or if I need to in advance. I am looking for structure, details, and art - which I know u guys are all getting but I am missing (-; THANKS!!!

44 ESPN_SportsCenter_200502091000p2328
    9 WDRB_Everybody Loves Raymond_200502090130p3541
    29 DISN_PB&J Otter_200502101030p295

critifer said:
    Guys,

Toss me a bone (-; I have everything installed "think I understand the logic" and run the app with no errors. MP records in a flat file format single dir with naming as such:

9 WDRB_Friends_200502100000p758

I am trying to get a grip on where within the MP interface I would find the structured results. I am not sure my videodatabase2 was altered per the date and time.

we don't have to actually complete the URL in the file - it is parsed together correct?

Please just let me know how I can verify it is working, and when done where the programs (with ard which I'd like) would be visible.

Like everyone here - this is MAJOR for me - I am sitcom heavy.

Thanks for any and all help folks
    Chris

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Yeah, filenames like that wont work, unfortunatly

it needs the season and episode number, so sportscenter for instance.....i dont think that will ever really work

everbody loves raymond, the filename doesnt have the season episode numbers in it either, so it wont work

plus there is another issue with your filenames, they have numbers in them at the very beginning (before the shows name) which causes errors atm.......i am working on resolving this (I think its fixed)

What it is meant for, are shows that are named roughly like this:
    Everybody loves raymond 1x12.avi
    Simpsons 1204.avi
    so filenames that have the shows name and an episode and season number in them.

since MP records in such a format, maybe in the future we can look into getting the episode number based on the air date (of course this would only work if its not a rerun)

Right now I recommand everbody waits a little untill seppie and i have it inside MP, unless of course the batch file works fine for you :)

critifer

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2005
    )-:

So sad )-: Well - I was hoping that would not be the answer but actually was expecting it. Snapstream does a nice job of intuitive filenaming, but not even sure it complies with what you need. Many others, like MP, use just the basic naming and an index for crossreference in a DB on the backend.. which looking at them raw leaves u with ver little.

Clearly if before you head out for the information you crossreferenced the DB, pulled that data, then renamed the file or placed it correctly in its area this would be very nice. Very nice. It's really hard to keep track of them like this and was praying your app was my answer since it was here in the MP forums )-:

Any idea on the MP integration - will be a FANTASTIC add?

Thx for the efforts and reply.
    Chris

Inker said:
    Yeah, filenames like that wont work, unfortunatly

it needs the season and episode number, so sportscenter for instance.....i dont think that will ever really work

everbody loves raymond, the filename doesnt have the season episode numbers in it either, so it wont work

plus there is another issue with your filenames, they have numbers in them at the very beginning (before the shows name) which causes errors atm.......i am working on resolving this (I think its fixed)

What it is meant for, are shows that are named roughly like this:
    Everybody loves raymond 1x12.avi
    Simpsons 1204.avi
    so filenames that have the shows name and an episode and season number in them.

since MP records in such a format, maybe in the future we can look into getting the episode number based on the air date (of course this would only work if its not a rerun)

Right now I recommand everbody waits a little untill seppie and i have it inside MP, unless of course the batch file works fine for you :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I hope so, lol
    Seriously, I'm glad there is some interest in this ;-)

The story is this, I have handed my code off to Seppie who had to make alot of modifications for it to be MP compliant and integrate it seamlessly (we didnt just want for it to be a plugin, but we want it to be a feature of MP itself).

Then, when we were almost there, unfortunatly some changes were made internally in MP with the way the video db is written, so some more changes are needed.

EDIT: Seppie unfortunalty has had some things happening that prevented him from doing major work lately. But rest assured it is being worked on. Give it a week or two and a first integrated version should be out (missing some bells and whistles but still).

Till then

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom