TVTome Parser - Revived - now TV.com - Beta available (1 Viewer)

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
Great to hear you guys are still working on it.... can't wait.. ;)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    hey

almost there :). We have a version that works from within MP, and made it alot easier/more automated. I think you are going to like what you see.

Since no more new features allowed and only bugfixing until may 7th (BTW a very good decision i think) we aim for integration immediatly after that.

Greetz
    Inker

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Hey everybody,

Had a little bit of a problem with my back but am back to business :)
    Wanted to say that it's coming along nicely, and will be done very very soon. Tomorrow I'll post some screenshots so you can see the results..

Till then I'll try and explain how it works now..

When you go to my video's, you already have the IMDB option in the context menu to retrieve the movie information.
    What I did is, add a little bit of intelligence to the context menu that when you select a file that has a certain criteria to it, it'll show TVTOME instead of IMDB...
    It looks for the following two naming conventions:
    - s04e02
    - 4x02
    Other naming conventions won't work.. (maybe later, but these are the most widely used anyways...)...
    When this format is found in the filename, you can click on TVTome..
    Then it'll strip the filename from before the s03e05 part and send that to the search engine of TVTome..
    When multiple results return, it shows you a list to choose the right show from.
    Then it'll download the episode guide to a cache directory in your MP directory (called TVTome, how appropriate :) )....
    There it strips the episode info from.
    Then it'll save it to the DB and show it to you on screen.
    It also grabs the image from the main page of the TVTome series page and save it to the THUMBS dir.

The reason btw, why we keep the episode guide file in a cache dir, is that TVTome is not the fastest site out there... By saving the entire episode guide, you only need to download it once, but use it many ;)
    You can always delete this dir if you want ofcourse, that's why it's a "cache" directory :) Idea could be to delete this dir on exit of MP, but these are minor details to me... It has to work flawlessly first.

It already does what I described above, but it needs some final touches. When that's done, I'll send the modifications as a patch to sourceforge for the main dev team to (hopefully) put this in the main program.

Until then, I'll supply modified files of databases.dll and windowplugins.dll the moment it's done for you guys to test and help me squish bugs before it gets into the Anonymous CVS tree....

So check this thread tomorrow for screenshots and for the modified dll's soon....

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Some screenshots.

Here you can see that I select a file that has the "s01e05" type naming convention used by a lot of tv show files.
    screen1.jpg

When I press the context menu on this file you can see on this screenshot that where normally IMDB appears, now instead it says TVTome:
    screen2.jpg

After pressing TVTome, it'll parse the filename and strip the first part before the season and episode info and send this to the search engine of TVTome:
    screen3.jpg

When multiple hits come back (as is the case with Lost) you'll get the dialog where you can choose the show it actually is:
    screen4.jpg

And then after it does it magic, it'll show you the details of the show:
    screen5.jpg

So as you can see, it works and it's coming really close to completion now :)

TimmyT

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2004
    Zurich
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    this looks really great, i can't wait to see it work on my htpc...

i have a question though...

if i have lets say 20 files in the same folder, like "Lost - s01e01 - ..." to "Lost - s01e20 - ...", do i have to start the search 20 times? or does the one search tag all the files in the same folder?

Helza

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2004
    If you can use the scan option it would be great :)

Sidenote:
    Maybe it would be usefull if you can still use IMDB just in case the movie name is like the series format..

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Right now it doesnt do folders yet, that's one of the little things I need to do before actually sending it to sourceforge..
    So right now it's file for file... But expect folder scan too...

I'll probly also just put the IMDB and TVTOME next to eachother.. With the s01e05 standard I know for sure that it's a tvshow, but the 1x04 standard is more error prone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom