Tweak - My first skin (1 Viewer)

WsQ

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Kangasala
Home Country
Finland Finland
I decided to start learning how to skin MP. For this purpose I'm creating my very first skin which I named Tweak. I'm not 100% happy with the name so it still might change during the process.

I'm starting this thread in this early stage to share my experience during this learning process and possibly to ask for help and ideas when needed. Also I would be more than grateful to get any feedback of what I've done.

My plan is to take my time to learn as much as possible about skinning, not to copy-paste random chunks of code while not understanding what they are there for. I'm using DefaultWide and Avalon as references to find out how things can be done.

Specs:
- Resolution 1920x1080

Completed steps:
1. Classic home

Planned steps:
1. Basic Home
2. MyTV
3. World Weather

PROGRESS LOG

8.1.2012 - Weather icons
I've concentrated mostly on creating a new set of weather icons to fit my skin. Loving Inkscape even though sometimes it seems to lack some basic tools (or I just can't find them). Classic home is done (at least for now).
20120108_MyHome.png

6.1.2012 - Learning the tools
I've been using some time learning to use GIMP and figuring out how I can get some stuff done the way I want. I also downloaded Inkscape for creating icons but haven't yet really used it. Classic home is slowly starting to look a bit like what I had visioned. Can't figure out what I want to do with the background of the "shutdown"-menu.

1.1.2012 - First version of Classic Home
I've created my first version of Classic Home, not all features still done but gives an idea of what direction I'm going. Attached is a screenshot which is modified by adding the big scenery photo as I haven't implemented that yet. Everything else is a screenshot from MP.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Looks really nice. I like the color choice, especially I love red :)

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom