Twinhan Cab-CI support? (1 Viewer)

Nooky

Portal Member
November 26, 2005
bigal said:
Do you have any software that works with your card and it's BDA drivers?
I can't find any....

/BigAl

Yes, I've got the BDA-drivers working, that's not the problem...

I've got the new drivers (1.2.2.7 WHQL) to work with Mediaportal now. MP recognizes my card.

But it still won't tune the TV (and radio) channels... ;-(

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
then they may not work...

If no software WORKS with the driver it can be a dummy driver.
If the developers at twinhan has tried to get the DVB-T and DVB-S to work first, because the sell alot more, they may have done a driver dummy that doesn't work yet, just the simple functions like getting signal-strenght and so on works...that is similar to the other cards

Just a thought from me

thats why I want a proof to that the drivers really work

/BigAl

Nooky

Portal Member
November 26, 2005
bigal said:
then they may not work.../BigAl

The BDA-drivers DO work, I have tested this with the supplied application fom Twinhan and other apps as well.

MP only recognizes my TwinHan Cab-Ci but it won't tune the channels, while this was no problem in the other apps.

So the problem seems to lie in the combination of MP and this card only.

Nevertheless, I've heard of people that the've got this card to work in MP. So please help me.. ;-)

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
A danish guy said that he got it to work...

twinhans app doesn't use the BDA driver does it? it uses it's own driver, and TSReader uses TwinhanDTV driver not the BDA driver... that is what I have got to

I read somewhere that the new TwinhanDTV should use BDA but I can only use it with it's own drivers....

(TwinhanDTV is twinhans own app...)

what program did you get the BDA driver to work with?

/BigAl

Nooky

Portal Member
November 26, 2005
Sorry, but I wasn't referring to that post/guy.

I've heard from other Dutch (!) people that they had the TwinHan Cab-CI to work with TV Home (Essent), a digital TV provider in the Netherlands.

The Twinhan app uses other drivers; that's true, but as said, I've got it to work with the BDA drivers as well, only not in MP.

I can't recall the apps, but they were other PVR/Media apps as well, like MediaPortal. The had other disadvantages, so I want to use MP.
But all with BDA-drivers.

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
ok it would be good if we found a app that works maybe it's open source so it can help our developers...

as far as you no one have said that tha BDA driver works fully in any software...to get found by MP it must not have working drivers..

/BigAl

Nooky

Portal Member
November 26, 2005
As I have said before: The BDA-drivers DO work. Only in MP I can't get them to autotune.

In other software they do. I've used DVBViewer Pro and in there the BDA drivers work.
See also this site with supported software for this TV-Card: http://www.digitalrise.biz/support/software/
(DigitalRise sells this same card; no differences, see the site)

On the MediaPortal-site this card is mentioned as supported to: http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/install:capturecards:twinhan_visiondtv_dvb-c

I hope you are convinced nog that it's not a driver-problem itself, but in the combination with MediaPortal.

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Do not think that I want to disproof you =) I have tried to get the card to work for about 1,5 month, nobody i've talked to besides you have got it to work outside TwinhanDTV, no one have told me when asked in the forum...

I should test DVBViewer Pro when I get home...have you bought it?

MediaPortals site of working cards is not used, look in the thread hardware (i think) their is the real list, much shorter... many people have ask them to remove this card from the other list because no one have got it to work

if the autotune function is the only problem you can easyly add a channel manually, do it work for you? Me and another Danish guy tested it and it do not work either (when that failed I begun to think about a not working driver)

if you havn't tried it

Have you tested the last (I think) CVS? my signal strenght and quality do not show anymore, does your?

/BigAl

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Nooky said:
I've used DVBViewer Pro and in there the BDA drivers work.

I tried DVBViewwe today and it seems to be for Sat-TV only... where to I change to Cable-TV?

/BigAl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom