Twitch.tv search improvements (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Currently the Twitch.tv plugin only allows searching of streams according the current code in svn.
    The API allows for various searches (game/channel/stream):

https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/blob/master/v2_resources/search.md#get-searchgames

Online videos also allows for categories and types in the search so would be nice if it could be added.
    Can also maintain this plugin if you guys want (already maintain GT.com plugin) and commit the necessary changes.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great, gonna start on it and should be done somewhere next week if work permits :)

Offline videos searches is not supported in API yet:

https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/issues/42

but gonna at least add game filters for now and once they update the api add that, might make a regexp for offline videos for the time being if it's easily doable.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You need to enable the plugin in either Mediaportal in the Plugin setup (Mediapotal configuration program -> plugins -> online videos).

Made some progress but still not the way I like it, gonna take some effort to get the archived videos working though.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have fixed and enabled Twitch.TV in Onlinevideos again. With the release of OV 2.0 and usage of the new filter the m3u8 HLS streams are supported and work!
    I didn't add any improvements to the site - so if you want to do so @Rick164 go ahead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom