two cards and sound mixed up (1 Viewer)

joslo

Portal Member
September 2, 2006
Hi

I've two tv cards. A NVTV and a PCTVRAVE and it works fine but.....how do i set up the sound card. When I'm recording two different programs at the same time I get the sound of the programs mixed up.

I've one soundcard and I use a Y splitter to connect the Tv cards to the soundcard.

And is there a way to choose which card should record a program. Now it's happening "random" I think. If possible I want to choose if a program will be recorded by the NVTV or the PCTVRAVE.

I'm using MP2.04

Thanks

Joslo

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
If you want one tuner to do all the recording then set the other tuner, in the configuration program, to just watch TV (i.e. uncheck record TV).

Not sure about your other problem.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Remove the Y cable and let the sound go through the PCI connection, you will then lose the problem.

Not neccessary to link TV card to sound card.

You will need audio renderer set to "default sound device".

joslo

Portal Member
    September 2, 2006
    Hi, thanks for your suggestions, but when I remove the cable from my soundcard
    (onboard AC97) i don't have any sound at all.

I've tried to set the audiorenderer to default directsound and default AC97

Am i doing something wrong???

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    If you have the SOUND SPEAKER icon in system tray, check that nothing is muted.

Try control panel/sounds and change settings in MIDI to (or maybe another) ac97 and reboot.

Doing this from memory, as no longer use AC97.

Worst scenario, uninstall sound card, delete ac97 folder reboot and reinstall.
    Should set everything back to default settings.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Is it possible that being 2 software cards, it cannot support sound through the PCI bus? That would make sense about the mixed up sound if your tuned into 2 channels at once.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Callifo

Never stopped my lifeview Duo from working ok, so using the pci bus should be fine for above cards as well.

Bandwidth needed not that high.

Its definately a AC97 configuration issue, it's just trying to find whats wrong, when you have not got the pc in front of you, ain't easy.:D

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    It is not only a bandwidth issue, some cards just don't have a means of capturing audio except for through the sound card. I used to have an old capture card I used for a camcorder that works like this. Perhaps you know something about his particular cards that allows you to know if this is the case or not, though.

joslo

Portal Member
    September 2, 2006
    Thanks for all your comments.

After many hours of trying and searching I know now why it's not working right!!
    I gues it's like Jawbroken said.

The NTVT card is hardware mpg2 card which can stream the music through the PCI bus. The PCTV however is a software coded card which can not use the PCI interface. The only way to get sound from this card is a cabel between the tuner and the line in from the AC97. This is confirmed by Pinnacle.

So, I got myself a good reason to buy a second NVTV :)

P.S.

Excuse me for my poor English (not a native speaker :)

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for all your comments.

After many hours of trying and searching I know now why it's not working right!!
    I gues it's like Jawbroken said.

The NTVT card is hardware mpg2 card which can stream the music through the PCI bus. The PCTV however is a software coded card which can not use the PCI interface. The only way to get sound from this card is a cabel between the tuner and the line in from the AC97. This is confirmed by Pinnacle.

So, I got myself a good reason to buy a second NVTV :)

P.S.

Excuse me for my poor English (not a native speaker :)

Skip the NVTV off at eBay and buy a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500 - It'll save you a PCI slot ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom