two denoising profiles ? (1 Viewer)

Tomibeck

Portal Pro
November 25, 2008
Hello,

Im thinink about the possibility of two diffrent denoising Profiles. Let me explain: Maybe i want to buy a new AMD Graphics Card. There are mainly two diffrent sources that my htpc needs to handle with. On one site there is the very low quality SD TV picture. I want to enhance this bad picture with the different possibilitys of newer amd cards. ( edge enhancment, denoising, mosquito etc.) On the other side is the higher quality MAterial ( Bluray, HD TV 1080i or 720p). For this Material i dont really need Postprocessing. In Case of Bluray i dont want it. The easy way would be to manually adjust the settings in fusion controll center depending on the source material. But we are on an HTPC and i dont want to exit MP every time im switching from bad to good source. Long term simple Question: Is there any kind of setting in MP, Plugin or extra Software, which is able to store two or more Profiles and switch between them depending on source Resolution? Something like the Refresh rate Changer.

:D

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Long term simple Question: Is there any kind of setting in MP, Plugin or extra Software, which is able to store two or more Profiles and switch between them depending on source Resolution? Something like the Refresh rate Changer.

:D

You took the words out of my mouth!

I have the same requirement. I want to load different graphics card profiles when viewing HD TV channels than SD TV channels (such as to enable or disable mosquito noise reduction).

It is possible to change profiles using hot keys but that is not practical without a keyboard and you have to remember to do it before starting the video stream. What we need is a plug-in. I could probably write one but I'm still yet to have the time to try any Media Portal development so it would probably take me 6 months - but if anyone wants to point me in the right direction to make a start.... :)

Tomibeck

Portal Pro
November 25, 2008
Mhm i Don't have the Programming skills to Write a Plugin fo Media Portal. But how about to Map the Hockeys to the Remote. Thats Not the Best Solution but it would make it possible to Change the Profiles from mediaportal menu. Is the hotkey Thing Done by an extra Programm or from the Driver itself?

For the Plugin. I ony can help with some guesses.
I think it Gould Be a Process Plugin that checks the Source Resolution and activates the matching Profile through a hotkey

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Mhm i Don't have the Programming skills to Write a Plugin fo Media Portal. But how about to Map the Hockeys to the Remote. Thats Not the Best Solution but it would make it possible to Change the Profiles from mediaportal menu. Is the hotkey Thing Done by an extra Programm or from the Driver itself?

For the Plugin. I ony can help with some guesses.
I think it Gould Be a Process Plugin that checks the Source Resolution and activates the matching Profile through a hotkey

You create the profiles and assign the hotkeys in AMD Catalyst Control Centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom