Two issues with MP Alarm plugin (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The issue (2. from original post) with repeated alarm task not playing it's now added to Mantis (the rest will follow, i just update this post when added)

The issue (4. from me ;) ) with uncloseable pop up dialog it's added to Mantis

Regards
    Roy

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not sure how I missed this thread, but I'm glad to say that I've fixed all these bugs and more. I've just sent the fixed code to an MP dev who'll get it committed for me.

Bug 952 - "When resuming from hibernation/standby to play a playlist/mp3 a dialog pops up & won’t go away again.":
    The reason for this is that MP changed the PowerScheduler code, and the plugin was telling MP to wake up MP at EXACTLY the same time as the alarm. When MP resumes, it has to do some initialisation work, but because the alarm plugin trigger event was at the same time, MP didn't get a change to initialise properly, and hence the problem. I've fixed it so that it'll now wake up 2 minutes before the alarm's due to trigger, so MP gets a chance to initialise.

Bug 951 - "Recurring scheduled Alarm doesn't play.":
    Not sure how this one snuck under the radar for so long, but it turned out that once a recurring alarm went off, the timer in charge gets disabled so it doesn't get a chance to trigger again. Makes no sense, and I made the last big commit to the alarm lol. Maybe I was restarting my MP machine so much that I didn't notice (every time you restart MP it turns all the applicable alarm timers on again).

I've also removed some of the workarounds I used to get around the old PowerScheduler as they weren't needed anymore.

Anyway, feel free to test these two bugs when my edits get committed and let me know how it goes. My testing has been good so far, but alarm code is always hard to test because of the time involved.

If I've fixed them, you can close the bugs, otherwise post here and I'll check it out again.

Sam

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Well seems fixed at least here, if no one else have any problems I will close it.
    Thanks Sam for the fix ;)

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom