Two questions, re: launching movies (1 Viewer)

RockJock

Portal Pro
October 26, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry it took me so long to reply. Attached is my log.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi, looking at your logs (that are unfortunately not in debug mode), it seems, you have setup MP and MyFilms to use internal playback.
    As you haven't added the BR to the MP extensions, MP will not be able to play (needs MP1.3 for BR playback anyway).
    If I understand you right, you have two alternatives: Using BluRayPlayerLauncher (with arcsoft) - or using the external player option in MyFilms (you could add the BR extension in setup, so it is used automatically for such types).

RockJock

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So all this is new in this version? I have been using MyFilms for awhile in the same way with an external player to play BR without all this.

I am not really sure how to setup what you are talking about and I want to make sure it won't effect the playback of DVDs in the internal player.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    So all this is new in this version?
    Not all is new - what is new is the explicit possibility to setup external player for either automatic or manual playback.
    Further, MyFilms had to be compatible and support both MP1.2.x and MP1.3.x - thus a lot of additional use cases had to be added and supported.
    MP1.3 supports playback of BR out of the box - MP1.2 doesn't. BluRayPlayerLauncher is optional and priority order had to be changed, etc.

I have been using MyFilms for awhile in the same way with an external player to play BR without all this.

I am not really sure how to setup what you are talking about and I want to make sure it won't effect the playback of DVDs in the internal player.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...y_Films/4_Customizing_My_Films#Movie_Playback
    If you setup the external player option only for BR, this should not affect DVD playback - so this is exactly what you're after, iiuc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom