UI fills screen, but playing actual videos doesn't fill screen (1 Viewer)

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
September 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey everyone, I had mediaportal 1.3.0 set up and working perfectly and had to do some work on my PC which involved removing the video card, reinstalling it, and upgrading the ATI drivers. Afterwards, I get a perfect screen size for my TV (it fills the screen perfectly in both 1920x1080 and 1280x720), and when I run mediaportal the UI itself fits perfectly on the screen, but ANY video I play (1080p or 720p) has about a 1" black area all the way around (all 4 sides). I can't figure out how to fix this. If I adjust the screen in MP, it makes the UI too big, and there doesn't seem to be a way to stretch just the video playback. I am using a custom 720p resolution in my ATI setup to force it to be 'perfect', but 1920x1080 in the ATI video is the perfect size without any adjustments.

I had it working perfectly before and don't remember having to do anything other than add a custom resolution for 720p and size it correctly so now I'm not sure why the image in mediaportal is too small. Any ideas?

Edit: I just messed around some more and realized that if you use the underscan/overscan slider, it seems to completely override any custom resolutions you set. I dragged the underscan/overscan slider back to the default (2 notches left of where I had originally put it) and then made a new custom resolution for 1080p, and suddenly all my videos now work with the screen filled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom