UK Digital Interactive - Red Button (MHEGPlugin) (2 Viewers)

zanzibar1985

Portal Member
October 25, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
*bump*
hey, really interested in this plugin, any news on developments? Cant wait to use it!

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Hey all, sorry for the long delay in updating you all. This is mostly due to my wife giving birth to our first child and hence lack of sleep. But have no fear! for work has progressed. Nothing new to show yet, since it's mostly glue code.

zanzibar1985, it's good to hear your interest, Thanks for the support. I'm desperate to get a sample out for people to try.

apdqueen

April 10, 2007
    Keighley, W. Yorks
    Home Country
    McGoober, many congratulations on the birth of your child! I hope things have settled down a bit for you now. I look forward to any updates too, but of course your first priority is to your family :) Cheers.

zanzibar1985

Portal Member
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Congrats on the baby, hope your family is all well!
    If you need me to try anything out as soon as u have a sample i would be happy to help. Interactive text is the only thing i miss since getting rid of the STB and building a htpc! Would be great to get it back!

ZanZibaR

SoylentCola

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Congrats, I have just had my first too! You should be using the hallucinogenic power of sleep deprivation to think of loopy code solutions.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    thekiwi, of course there are things coming... (Big things). Ya just gotta be patient.

My main problem is that the project puts much demand on parts of MP that are ... shall we say... underdeveloped and in some cases totally unsupported. This is mainly in the MPEG Transport stream decoding code, which just happens to be a mix between C++ and C# linked by COM. I have things working down there but it's delicate and debugging it a bit of a nightmare.

Since this is talking a long time, I'll see if I can release the MHEG test app I built (the one shown in the screenshots). This way you can all get a taster for the end result.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Alrighty, as promised I have done a special release of the MHEG test harness.

Unpack the rar archive and run MHEGTest.exe. It defaults to using the example MHEG application downloaded from BBC One. If you fancy trying other MHEG applications you will need some software to download the app using your DVB TV Card. If you do try other apps please send me a copy of the files so I can debug any problems you see and also keep a record of what works with the engine.

The following are known bugs with the test harness.

Since the BBC MHEG application assumes the ability to tune to different channels, any pages that require a tune will lockup the test harness (actually you should see piles of debug output if you have debugging turned on). Just quit and restart it.
    Word wrapping still doesn't work.

Please report any other bugs you see.
    Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom