UK Digital Interactive - Red Button (MHEGPlugin) (1 Viewer)

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

Fatherhood is taking it's toll on the project. I have, however, just found out that I have access to lots of computing books from work and have found one or two on MPEG transport streams. Will be having a read. This is where MP is holding me back.

Jake m

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Mcgoober

I hope your enjoying fatherhood. I was just wondering since there is interest in this project then why dont you release the source, then the project may be kept alive by a collection of developers.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Nice idea, I have looked into releasing it on sourceforge, I'll have another go as soon as possible.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    OK, someone's cracked it, and it works a treat, good skills.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ne...ight=subtitles

This is not what this post is about, this is for interactive functions that are operated by using the RED button on your remote to access the MHEG services that are broadcast with the DVB signal.

Nice that you are pleased with tourettes work on subtitles though.

Regards.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Hey everyone. Recently I have found some time to crack on with this, now I have my evenings free again. I have fixed a couple of bugs and have also uploaded the current version of the MHEG Engine code to google.

Check it out...

http://code.google.com/p/mheg-dotnet/

I haven't uploaded the DSM-CC (MPEG transport stream to MHEG data) code yet cos I'm still working on it.

If anyone is interested in helping me with the front-end implementation I would be very grateful. This would involve modifying the TV plugin and adding the MHEG Engine support code.

fr453r

November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I understand the concept of whats going on here, I think a lot of this is a bit advanced for me though. I don't understand how to get any of this working. Where do you install the plugin above? How do you get it to work in MP? If i'm asking a question that's already been answered, can you point me in the right direction?

Also, fine work indeed to all those who were involved in this project, it seems like a great idea!

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Hey fr453r,

The code is still heavily in development. It is likely it won't be available as a plugin, but more like a patch to certain files (Like the author of this project is doing https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/new_dvb_subtitle_filter_tsreader_based-t25838.html?highlight=subtitles).

I have a standalone app that works by reading files from a folder. And I have some working code, that is capable of reading the data from a transport stream (The bit that comes from the aerial/cable/satellite). I have been modifiying the TV Server to support this but it's a tricky beast.

So I guess the answer to your question is, there is no plugin to install, it's all in development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom