UK DVB-T Channel Order (Again, Sorry) (1 Viewer)

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
June 15, 2006
NE Lincs, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I just wondered if MP now uses LCN by default? If I were to delete all my channels and rescan, would they now appear in the correct 'Freeview' order, or would they still appear in the order that they were found. Also, does MP now support direct channel number entry, ie when watching TV, can I key in 1 to switch to channel 1 (which should be BBC1).

Hope someone knows the answer.

btw - I'm still using TVE2 rather than TVE3.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know the answer to this one but you could just backup your current configuration and test it ;).

-level20peon

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    Ahh, that explains that then. Thanks for the info, I've been putting off using TVE3 (don't know why really) .... but I may as well take the plunge. MP2 sounds good too doesn't it?

Cheers.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Go back a few releases of TVE3 I'm using 16361 from 25\10 works fine.

or wait until they solve the not tuning in the last few releases.

MP2 will be a lot easier on install\use for noobs hopefully, more plugnplay which TVE3 is once you have all the gubbings installed for it.

ps. using MySQL with TVE3, no memory problems here.

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    Well, I did it last night. Only took 10 minutes to install / config the tvserver and the mySQL DB server. Very cool. In fact, the whole MP app is much more responsive in this configuration, obviously because the tvserver has taken a load off the app itself. I should have installed it months ago, don't know why I didn't ... In short, TVE3 is so much better than TVE2.

Oh, and of course my channels are in the LCN order now as they should be - hooray. Which was the result I was actually after.

Cheers all.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Well, I did it last night. Only took 10 minutes to install / config the tvserver and the mySQL DB server. Very cool. In fact, the whole MP app is much more responsive in this configuration, obviously because the tvserver has taken a load off the app itself. I should have installed it months ago, don't know why I didn't ... In short, TVE3 is so much better than TVE2

Glad it all went well for you, TVE3 is so much better in functionality, cannot understand anyone who has the right equipment not using it, especially for DVB-T in the UK.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom