UK-English Title Problem (1 Viewer)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi I've had to do a reinstall of windows recently, and installed MP including moving pictures and imdb+ again.
    I'm having an issue with a few films, which aren't showing the English title.

"Office Space" - showing as : "Cubiculos de la oficina" AKAs
    "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" - showing as : "Eterno resplandor de una mente sin recuerdos" AKAs
    "Heat" - showing as : "Fuego contra fuego" AKAs

Plus quite a few more.

I've attached my imdb+ settings but I'm sure they're pretty much as default.
    I've tried to force imdb+, but they were already set. I've tried a full rescan from the imdb+ gui, and also tried to manually rescan from within moving pictures cong. Same result.

Hope you can help. Thanks

Attachments

• Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
      1.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.1

I'm having an issue with a few films, which aren't showing the English title.

Fixed in v4.0.2 of IMDb+ scraper-script.

Had to add another blacklisted entry for 'Spanish title', due to inability of IMDb editors to stay consistent in the way they add these AKA entries. Might have to rewrite the entire logic and whitelist the proper entries. It's just such an inconsistent mess that if I do it that way then it will break some movies that work correct now.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.2

thanks rochess, I'm in the middle of trying what you had suggested previously (disabling UK certs, enable refresh of all field. Then update movies. enable UK certs, disable refresh of all fields. and update again) hopefully this will do for now.

It seems a right pain keeping up with those imdb editors. sometimes it's better to stand back, and try to see if there's an alternative way to make future maintenance easier, sounds like you may have a plan for it!

on a side note as I was going through I noticed more movies that were given alternative titles. The best two were "Cloverfield" which had been given the light-hearted title of "Slusho" and also "Superbad" which had a bizarre title of "Separation Anxiety". Weird!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.3

on a side note as I was going through I noticed more movies that were given alternative titles. The best two were "Cloverfield" which had been given the light-hearted title of "Slusho" and also "Superbad" which had a bizarre title of "Separation Anxiety". Weird!

Fixed in v4.0.3

Had to add '(fake working title)' to the blacklist of English title detection as well. Thank you for catching all these, because it is not caught with USA certifications that I use myself and my test collection that I used to test UK certifications with was too small to catch all these title problems.

The IMDb+ plugin should update within 24 hours, otherwise adjust the options (you need MPEI Extensions plugin installed) to make it check for IMDb+ updates faster (or on startup).

If you find more problems let me know, at least I can add these blacklist entries fast until I can figure out a better system.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

El expresso polar or better known as the polar express can be added to that list as well, MP videos scan shows correct file name.

Must say imdb are doing some weird renaming, ie "The Medallion" becomes "Highbinders" but shows the medallion cover lol, not funny when you are trying to scrape info, at least themoviedb is right.

Keep up the good work.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

El expresso polar or better known as the polar express can be added to that list as well, MP videos scan shows correct file name.

Must say imdb are doing some weird renaming, ie "The Medallion" becomes "Highbinders" but shows the medallion cover lol, not funny when you are trying to scrape info, at least themoviedb is right.

Keep up the good work.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Verify please that you are running v4.0.3 of the IMDb+ scraper-script via IMDb+ plugin -> "IMDb+ Info" hidden menu option.

Otherwise I'm wasting time debugging problems that I already fixed :)

As for this movie, the The Medallion AKA page shows "Highbinders" as the official UK title, which is what IMDb+ scraper looks for when UK ratings are enabled.

The reason these bugs are only now surfacing is because I only recently found out that the IMDb+ scraper was not properly using the British-English titles. So Harry Potter I would show as "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and not "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone". Of course you needed to have both the rename system disabled and UK certifications enabled so I never really caught the mistake until recently.

But if you prefer US titles with UK ratings, I can simply add a seperate option for that. I'm adding an additional option anyway to allow for AU/CA/NZ ratings as well, so I'll be adjusting the way the 'UK' rating option currently is used anyway. Better let me know now, or it will be a longer delay before I can get to it.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    If you find more problems let me know, at least I can add these blacklist entries fast until I can figure out a better system.

Hi, I've just done a full rescan with UK certs turned on. I've got v4.0.3 of the scraper, which seems to have fixed some of the previous anomalies (like Cloverfield) here's some more remaining: (I've put in square brackets what imdb states as the title origin)

"Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" is showing as "Action News! With Ron Burgundy" [USA (original script title)] AKAs

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" shows as just "The Curious Case" [International (informal short title) (English title)] AKAs

"Sin City" shows as "Frank Miller's Sin City" [USA (complete title)] AKAs

"The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" shows as just "Life Aquatic" [Denmark (imdb display title) / Japan (English title) / Spain] AKAs

"Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" shows as "A Series of Unfortunate Events" [USA (original script title)] AKAs

"The Simpsons Movie" shows as "The Simpsons Movie in 3D" [USA (3-D version)] AKAs

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" shows as "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" [Sweden (imdb display title) / USA (complete title)] AKAs

"Trailer Park Boys: The Movie" shows as "Trailer Park Boys: The Big Dirty" [Canada (working title) (English title)] AKAs

"The Usual Suspects" shows just "Usual Suspects" [France / Japan (English title)] AKAs

I think that's them all, not too bad from over 200 movies. I know a couple of them sound like I'm being very picky, but I thought it was worth giving you the whole lot.

I hope this is useful to you rochess!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.4

I hope this is useful to you rochess!

Yes, you made it very easy for me to add them to the blacklist.

So v4.0.4 is out now, enjoy :)

PS: Let's hope that covers them all now, if not just let me know :cool:

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi rochess,

I've done another full rescan with v4.0.4 of the scraper, all I've mentioned are now showing correctly (thanks!) apart from "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" still shows as just "The Curious Case".

Some new ones, not sure if they were there before and I didn't notice or if they are new ones...

"District 9" shows as "District Nine" [International (alternative spelling) (English title)] AKAs

"Donnie Darko" shows as "Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut" [USA (director's cut)] AKAs

"Empire Records" shows as just "Empire" [(undefined)] AKAs

A bit off subject but I've also found a couple of abnormalities, which aren't a huge deal but thought I'd mention it.

First with regard to the option to "Remove Roman numeral from first movie", I have this option turned on but it makes the Godfather and Kill Bill series look odd (see below). Could exceptions be put in place so that if the word before the I is "Part" or "Volume" then it would leave the I in place? (I'm being awkward I know!)

The Godfather: Part
    The Godfather: Part II
    The Godfather: Part III

Kill Bill: Volume
    Kill Bill: Volume II

Secondly, I have the 3 "The Girl..." films, I have the setting off to include the foreign title but it still shows after the English, example below:

The Girl I: with the Dragon Tattoo (Män som hatar kvinnor)

...I've just found this in the rename xml, so I guess that's what it's using. Just a thought, could the foreign title (if enabled) be added after the entry in the rename xml and not included in the renamed title?
    Again this isn't a big issue, just another "nice to have" :)

Thanks again for all your hard work, and congrats on the forum!
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom