UK-English Title Problem (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Rochess,

I had done what you had said but noticed that it had used the standard imdb scraper, so in the Data Sources screen (your 3rd screenshot) I moved imdb+ to the top and sent Donnie Darko back to the imported again. So you may see this in the log file

Heya, I think something went wrong, the log file is only 32KB, and if scraper-debug mode is enabled a single movie results in 1MB+ log files.

I thought scraper-debug mode would get activated no matter what, but I noticed your log file is in "info" mode. That setting is controlled by MediaPortal config. So open MePo config and goto General and adjust log verbosity mode to "debug".

But please verify that the green bug is activated before you sent Donnie Darko back to the importer.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Rochess,

I set the MP to debug mode, made sure movingpictures scraper was in debug mode and resent Donnie Darko to the importer.
    The log file was huge! about 20MB but it rar'ed magically down to ~400KB. see attached

Attachments

• movingpictures.rar
      412.2 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Rochess,

I set the MP to debug mode, made sure movingpictures scraper was in debug mode and resent Donnie Darko to the importer.
    The log file was huge! about 20MB but it rar'ed magically down to ~400KB. see attached

No idea how that slipped through, but thanks to your log file, I found the problem.

The new CA/AU/NZ rating support is only added at scraper-script level, and not yet added to the IMDb+ plugin. This means there is no configuration entry for it in the options XML file. So inside the scraper-script I first configure the default value, which for this setting is "01" and then overwrite this via the options XML file.

The problem I now find out is that when a config option is missing, it gets a value of 'false'. In other languages this equals "00", so in my code when looking for "01" I actually look for <=1 meaning I also accept 0 or any other value. Well looking at your log file I now find out that does not work on your system (and it does on mine, at least I'm sure it did during testing).

So I've added extra logic that verifies if the options XML file actually contains the value, which will preserve the default "01" value set before.

Long story short, please test v4.1.2 :cool:

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Sorry to bring bad news Rochess, but I've just tested 4.1.2 and it's still bringing back the Director's Cut version of the title.
    I've ran it in debug mode for you again, see attached.

I skimmed through the file and found this as quick proof...
    Code:
    17-Dec-2011 14:13:49 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: UPDATE: Title='Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.1.2, Result=SUCCESS

Thanks again

Attachments

• movingpictures.4.1.2.rar
      126.8 KB

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Another thing that I've just found out after doing a full rescan from fresh with v4.1.2, is that the option to remove the roman numeral I from the first movie is no longer working. All the movies in my collection that are like this still have the I after the title even though the option is turned on.

Thought you should know :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Another thing that I've just found out after doing a full rescan from fresh with v4.1.2, is that the option to remove the roman numeral I from the first movie is no longer working. All the movies in my collection that are like this still have the I after the title even though the option is turned on.

Thought you should know :)

For v4.1.2 I only fixed the UK rating, but I was just about to release v4.1.3 that will fix the "Director's Cut" problem (darn XML encoding issue, so I used a trick to bypass the problem).

However the Roman numeral stripping part I did test heavy last time and worked fine. I did not touch that part so it should still work. Did you remember to refresh the movies after you already imported them?

First import (or sent back to importer) step is needed to get the Roman numeral in place so that the SortBy field has it (for sorting purposes). Then the refresh is needed to actually strip it from the title field (and leave sortby alone, therefore preserving the correct sorting order).

I just tested it on 5 movies and it worked perfect (both on refresh of existing ones with roman numeral already present and re-import+refresh). One thing that I saw was the existing bug in MovingPictures in which the listing of the movies does not update the 'new' title, only the details page info updates. For the list to update you have to close and reopen MovPic as it only populates the list the very first time it starts.

So with that I'm going to publish v4.1.3 to at least finally fix the Director's Cut problem, and hope that the above explanation allows you to fix the other problem. Also incase you did not notice, "Empire Records" is added to the default rename database, so your collection should import 100% correct now (unless we overlooked one other anomaly). Also a quick way to fix the stripping of Roman numeral is to use the IMDb+ plugin refresh system and use the option to only refresh the rename database system entries (after the full import is done).

Hopefully soon I can work on integrating a seperate article removal system into IMDb+ so that it will work correct from the start, but for now you'll have to suffer through the double refresh way.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I've had a quick check, but everything seems perfect now!
    All names seems correct, UK certs are showing again, and dropping the I from the titles seems to be working.

Though I don't have time to thoroughly check now, I'll double check with a new scan tomorrow, but I don't think anything will come up (fingers crossed anyway!)

Thanks again for sorting all the renaming errors, I hope my annoying queries helped you develop imdb+

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Though I don't have time to thoroughly check now, I'll double check with a new scan tomorrow, but I don't think anything will come up (fingers crossed anyway!)

No problem even if you do :D

And thanks for the feedback, IMDb+ has grown into a lot of combinations and it is getting harder each time for me to verify everything works. It's also easy to break something that used to work when adding in new stuff, and if I just happen to not run the configuration that shows the error, then I sometimes just don't know it is broken.

The fact the IMDb+ plugin makes distribution of new scraper-script versions extremly easy and fully automatic, it is very easy for me to fix things and get instant feedback from a lot of users.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Rochess,
    I've done a full rescan: Deleted the movingpictures database file, opened MP to make the imdb+ show up as a scraper in the movingpictures config, imported all my movies into the movingpictures config, opened MP again and Refreshed Movies to update all from the imdb+ plugin.

I think this is new, unless I've just missed it before, but "The Fifth Element" is showing as "The 5th Element" [USA (alternative spelling)] AKAs. Apart from this minor renaming issue, everything else looks perfect!

Could [USA (alternative spelling)] be added to the blacklist?

Thanks again :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Could [USA (alternative spelling)] be added to the blacklist?

I had 'alternative spelling' already added, but in a different format, so simply added it again, should be good to go now :)

v4.1.4 released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom