UK Freesat not tunning BBC HD channels, and lots of other freesat channels missing. (1 Viewer)

g0rsq

Portal Member
August 18, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
New to Mediaportal 2 and the mediaportal TV server, having used Argus in my last MP1 set up.

I am having trouble viewing BBC HD channels. I can see them in services, but when I preview them, it says no signal. Channel 4 HD is however showing fine as are several other HD channels.

I checked the tunning data for BBC 1 HD and it is all correct (roll off is not correct). I also get two instances of BBC 1 HD, with identical settings, but SERVICE ID and PMT PID are different. I know which is the correct service, but neither of them will display a picture.

I am using Mystique SaTiX-S2 card, in an oldish PC. I set the card to recieve S2 transmissions, and it was working fine in ARGUS, but I removed this from my system when installing MP2

Also is there a way to reset the TV server databases to virgin so i can try again from scratch?

I also seem to be well down on Freesat services. I refreshed the satelite lists before scanning 28.2deg

Will persever a little longer with this, otherwise its back to MP1

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Will persevere a little longer with this, otherwise its back to MP1
    MP1 and MP2 use the same "TV Server" code (although packaged differently, so you cannot invoke one from the other). If you created a drive image of your MP1 system before installing MP2, you can probably simply restore that image. :)

But if you need to rescan your MP1 system (because you did not create a drive image), there is a chance that MP1 will encounter the same difficulties as MP2. :eek: :cry:

Sorry, but I have never used satellite TV, so cannot offer any advice relevant to your problem. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

g0rsq

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Thankd for help.
    My original MP1 instalation did not use MP TV server. I used ARGUS TV Server, so I have no experience of the MP TV Server, so am sure it is a setting somewhere.

It is possible there is something not right in the SAT information, as now when I re-scan it can not find any satelite signals signal at all.

I would love to know if it is possible to "re-set" the MP TV Server so I can start again from scratch.

What I will do is re-install ARGUS and see if that can recieve the BBC HD and find the missing channels.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I would love to know if it is possible to "re-set" the MP TV Server so I can start again from scratch.
    "TV Server" stores its data in one or more SQL databases. So if you delete those databases, that should be the same as starting from scratch.

Look in the folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\". This may be a hidden folder, so you might need to change your folder settings to make hidden folders visible. There should be a folder with "TV" somewhere in the name (I think the names differ between MP1 and MP2 -- I have never used MP2), and then look in the subfolders for database files. I am not sure what file extension they have -- DBx perhaps (x=some character).

Edit:
    The above is not correct :eek: :cry:. Now that I have had a chance to look at the various folders, "TV Server" keeps its data in SQL databases in the "MySQL" folder in "ProgramData". Sorting by date suggests that the file extension used for active data is "IBD", with the file extension "FRM" being static definitions of the layouts of the SQL tables (so those should not be deleted).

You could try uninstalling MP, but I am not sure whether that also deletes the MP databases (they may be retained on the assumption that you want to re-install MP and inherit your settings and data from the previous installation).

Sorry this is not of much help. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Last edited:

g0rsq

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Home Country
    i think i am now sorted.
    was previewing BBC 1 HD, but still setting things up. bit of a learning curve :)

found the simple way to reset the data base. pressed clear button when configuring tv channels :cool:

a re-scan and all seems ok now.

its two steps forward, one step back.

thought MP2 was more intuitive than MP1, or is it just me???

thanks for comming to help me

see how much further i can get

peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom