UK grabbers.....are any working at the moment? (1 Viewer)

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks @mm1352000 Do you know if this will also give reliable episode/season numbers such as Marcella Season 1 episode 6 of 8?

Luckily I'm off work today, so have some time to spare this morning to try and sort this out, and I've been reading the main thread mentioned earlier, but it's a lot to take in and make sense of.

Ultimately I'd like the best possible guide data, and don't mind paying a reasonable fee for it.
    --- Post updated ---
    It does seem to pull in episode and season numbers. I had pulled in some schedules via XMLTV & Bleb, but the channels that I hadn't are now populated and have season info, though I'm not sure about the total episodes per season.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you know if this will also give reliable episode/season numbers such as Marcella Season 1 episode 6 of 8?
    It certainly won't get you the "...of 8" part. In fact I'm 99% sure it won't get you any season or episode numbers unless the broadcaster includes those details in the regular description (which a lot of broadcasters do).

Ultimately I'd like the best possible guide data, and don't mind paying a reasonable fee for it.
    Seems like you're mostly interested in season and episode number stuff. If that's your focus, the DVB EPG grabber is not for you.
    AFAIK the only source that will sometimes get you total episodes per season is SchedulesDirect. However it's somewhat pointless because TV Server has no capacity to store that information anyway.

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Seems like you're mostly interested in season and episode number stuff. If that's your focus, the DVB EPG grabber is not for you.
    AFAIK the only source that will sometimes get you total episodes per season is SchedulesDirect. However it's somewhat pointless because TV Server has no capacity to store that information anyway.

Now I'm totally confused as we do get episode and season info showing up, although I don't think there is a way to sort by episode number, so it may just end up in the title of the recordings, but I'm sure I had to enable an option when I recently updated MP to show the episode number.

upload_2016-6-27_11-16-23.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Now I'm totally confused as we do get episode and season info showing up...
    Don't be confused.
    I can 100% guarantee that if you're using a standard version of MediaPortal 1.x with MediaPortal's TV Server, any season and episode numbers that you see are:
    1. ...included in the program title and/or description by the broadcaster, AND/OR...
    2. ...not coming from the DVB EPG grabber (ie. they come from some other EPG source that you've been trying out).
    Again: I guarantee this. TV Server's database cannot store the total number of episodes in the season; TV Server's database can store season and episode numbers, but TV Server's DVB EPG grabber does not grab any season or episode number details. Therefore it's impossible for that information to be coming from MediaPortal TV Server's DVB EPG grabber unless it's incidentally included in the program title or description, or you're using a non-standard version of TV Server, or you're using some external tool to enhance the received EPG data.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Now I'm totally confused as we do get episode and season info showing up, although I don't think there is a way to sort by episode number, so it may just end up in the title of the recordings, but I'm sure I had to enable an option when I recently updated MP to show the episode number.

View attachment 180175
    The option you enabled to get that was as in the attached but that is only to display the data the exists, the source you setup for epg would be supplying the episode info.

Attachments

• mp.jpg
      mp.jpg
      195.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom