UK grabbers.....are any working at the moment? (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi....

Webepg went haywire yesterday......so tried xmltv.
Radiotimes grabber appears to have gone, and digiguide needs payment/password......any alternatives??
Are there any other ways of grabbing data.....in UK?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Are there any other ways of grabbing data.....in UK?
    I see from your system specs that you are using satellite. I have never used satellite, but I was under the impression that there is a satellite radio channel that transmits the EPG for the satellite TV channels. It may not cover all of the channels that you want, and the programme info might not be as detailed as you want, but it is at least free! (y)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Well done both......after some tiddling around, got EPG working with Freesat info radio channel.....:)

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    @tonewheelkev can you share how you got it working please? Was wondering why my guide wasn't correct and then discovered XMLTV & Radio Times EPG hasn't been working since the 16 June.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    If you are receiving Freesat, I believe that the best way (maybe @mm1352000 can back me up on this?) is to:
    • Open TVServer configuration and go to the DVB EPG section
    • Ensure that 'Grab EPG only for channels on same transponder' is unticked
    • Open the 'TV Epg grabber' section, untick 'store data only for selected channels' and untick all channels
    • Open the 'Radio Epg grabber' section, untick 'store data only for selected channels' and untick all channels except the Freesat Info channel

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks @Brownard I'll give that a go as a quick fix whilst I see what other options there are, any idea how long it takes before it populates the TV guide, as my guide only has a couple of days data left in it?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    maybe @mm1352000 can back me up on this?
    Yes, I confirm those instructions are correct for Freesat.

any idea how long it takes before it populates the TV guide, as my guide only has a couple of days data left in it?
    It depends on various factors like which grabbers you enable (ie. idle OR time-shifting/recording OR both), which channels you tune, and whether you leave your tuners idle for long. If you want the guide populated as fast as possible:
    • stop viewing and recording all channels
    • enable the idle grabber in the "DVB EPG" section of TV Server configuration
    • restart the TV service (to apply the change) using the "manual control" section of TV Server configuration
    • click "refresh DVB EPG" in the "manual control" section of TV Server configuration
    • close TV Server configuration
    After 15 minutes or so (usually less) you should have the guide fully populated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom