[UK] Missing lots of channel EPG data after a grab (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
    MediaPortal Skin: Avalon
    Windows Version: Windows 7
    CPU Type: Core2Duo
    HDD:
    Memory:
    Motherboard:
    Video Card:
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: BlackGold
    1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T + Dual DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi, I have just put a couple of hours into configuring WEBEPG. Basically this is what I have done..

- Cleared all channels in WebEPG and imported the channels I have active on my setup (ie imported just the groups I have created in the TVServer so I'm only pulling in channels I actually have).

- Performed an automap.

- Gone through each TV channel checking the correct channel has been imported. I have also made a concious decision at this point to also change all the channels to use mydigiguide. So where the channel map was incorrect or the provider was not mydigiguide, I have manually changed them using the "..." button within the mapping details section of the config screen (as explainedon the wiki entry).

- Now everything is correct I perform a "Grab Now"

Ok so I see the finished grabbing message appear and it says 134 Channels imported and 1237 programs. But when I go into MePo and view the guide I notice several channels with no data and many channels with only the current showing program and no further data?

I also notice when performing the grab now, the first 5 / 6 channels produce around 600 programs, then the channel import count continues to climb but the imported programs does not. I presume this is why I am seeing alot of missing EPG data, as it is simply importing channels but no program data.

What I have done so far to check I haven;t messed anything up..

- In the TV Server config for DVB EPG I have unchecked all options (as I presume this shouldn't be needed now?)

- In the WebEPG I have gone through each channel and checked the mapping and each one for mydigiguide says 10 days to import and I have the actual plugin set to 14 days.

- I chose one channel which only showed the current showing program and no further EPG data - "Horror Channel", checked it was mapped correctly, and also that it also said 10 days.

- I then created a free account on mydigiguide and browsed to "Horror Channel" and sure enough it has a full listing on the website.

So I know the data is available on the site, but for some reason, WebEPG isn't grabbing it all. I'm now a little lost as to how to continue so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hope someone come suggest some ideas.

Thanks!
    Batfink

Ok, so I had a search around and I found some people talking about delays in the grabber xmls. So I modified the mydigiguide xml file delay setting from the default value of 1000 to 2000. Ran a grab and it worked perfectly grabbing all the channels and program information.

Obviously, the site has trouble with to small a delay. The only issue now is an update (TV channels only, I removed the Radio Stations) takes 40minutes to complete, but at least its working ok now :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes, there's quite a few Freesat channels missing from the WebEPG grabber. I haven't tried this yet but I *think* you can get around this by:

- Ticking the radio station "Freesat Info" in the over-the-air EPG section (make sure to tick all languages too)
    - Setting WebEPG to NOT delete EPG data before grabbing
    - Setting a normal EPG grab to happen about 5 minutes before a WebEPG grab.

This *should* mean you have the 14-day WebEPG data for most channels and the normal Freesat 7-day EPG for the ones it doesn't support.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I found all the channels except one music channel? I think I did have to add a couple to the scraper that were not already there but I found those by visiting the site, navigating to the channel I wanted and taking the channel ID out of the URL to put in the scraper..
    The problem of them still not updating was that the site didn't seem to like grabbing so quickly as errors entries were being generated in the error logs. Increasing the delay solved this and it worked well..

Today though I notice lots of missing EPG data from yesterdays grab. Just gone to the scraper and the 2000 delay is now 1000 again?! How is this happening?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Yeah setting the delay to 2000 seems to fix grabbing from MyDigiGuide in WebEPG for everyone. These are the FTA channels in my channel list that aren't supported by WebEPG out of the box using MyDigiGuide:

Channels that can be added manually to the XML file:

- Channel 5 +1 (ID 51072)
    - BBC Interactive / 301 (ID 51073)
    - Channel AKA (ID 51074)
    - Starz (ID 51076)
    - Men & Movies (ID 51026) [don't put a "&" in the XML file though!!]

Channels that aren't on MyDigiGuide:

- Controversial TV / Edge Media
    - Showcase +1
    - Greatest Hits TV
    - Massive R&B
    - BBC Interactive / 303