totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Guys,

I recently started adding Movie certification information in my movies through AMC. I notice that logos automatically appear in the movie pages for movies with American certification. But when the movie has a UK certification such as 12. then the German movie certification logo for 12 appears. Is there support for the UK certification logos and if yes how should I fill the certification field in the movie db in order for them to appear? Thanks

PS. I am using latest Myfilms plugin, and latest MP Titan skin with latest Titan extended plugin.

Kind Regards

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    There are several issues totopsgr ;).
    1. Titan skin uses their own method for certification logos - they have not added support for the new logos rules for certification logos in MyFilms 6.0.3
    2. Titan, like many skins, do not provide certification logos (in the skin \media\logos folder) for many countries - usually only US and Germany.
    3. MyFilms does not have a skin property yet that keeps track of which Certifications you select in the Grabber Override options - so we don't know if you want the logo for UK or Germany ;) - plus you can select multiple locations for Certification if you want - so what to do then? Do you want to see them all? If so, the skin needs to accommodate that :eek: (skinner's response LOL)
    So what can you do?
    The easiest way is to add the UK logos to skin\Titan\Media\certification folder. IIRC Titan just looks for a logo file with the same name as what displays in the My Films Certification field. So, if you have 'UK 12" in the certification field, and name your logo image 'UK 12.png', it should work. You might have to play around to get them all to work. If you don't have 'unique' values in the Certification field I can't think of a solution atm.

EDIT: The MyFilms logos pack already includes most of the UK logos in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MyFilms\DefaultLogos - only 12 and PG conflict with other countries so we haven't figure out what to do about that yet :)

You can add a feature request to MyFilms tracker to add the missing UK (and other country) certification logos to the default MyFilms Logos pack, and enhance the logos rules to detect the country. That way you can at least use them in any skin (they are pretty generic).

Last edited:

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I solved my problem. I had a look in myfilmslogos.xml and it lists all the uk certifications as well. So I downloaded all uk bbfc logos and named them U.png, PG.png, 12.png, 15.png, 18.png and R18.png.

Then i did a global C drive search for *18*.png in order to locate the German board film certification (FSK) logo for 18 rated films. I located the logo in three different folders and copied all uk logos on all three of these foders replacing the same name existing logos (eg. PG.png, 18.png).

It works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom