UK Radio EPG (1 Viewer)

JohnHind

Portal Member
August 3, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Generally happy with my MediaPortal setup (UK Freeview and Freesat) now, but two things bug me about Radio support - can anyone help?

1. I cannot find a source of EPG info for UK Radio channels. I'm using WebEPG for the TV channels but none of the three information providers listed seem to have radio info (even RadioTimes does not have the BBC radio channels). Any idea how I can get this info?

2. If I could solve 1, I'd like the Radio interface to work like the TV one: i.e. it should come up in the programme grid view not a channel list. I could not find a setting for this.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi, WebEPG with the digiguide grabber is working okay for me for the DVB-T radio channels.

I think I may have slightly amended the digiguide grabber, so if you want to try it, I attach to this post.

My radio EPG looks pretty similar to my TV EPG using the titan skin, what skin are you using?

Attachments

• 2-www_mydigiguide_com.xml
      37 KB

JohnHind

Portal Member
    August 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Many thanks - this got me all my Radio channels and Channel 5 + 1 TV which was also missing from the standard file. "Movie Mix" is still AWOL however. (EDIT: OK with a bit more research "Movies for Men" seems to give the right grab for "Movie Mix")

Can this file not be fed back into the standard distribution? If you can do this though, maybe the Olympics channels need weeded out first.

On point 2, yes I can get to the radio programme grid in the Titan skin via the left side pop-out menu from the channel list, but the navigation is different for TV versus Radio in that the TV front screen button has a fly-out from which you can go directly to the programme grid. I prefer the TV arrangement (although that is still not ideal because you cannot work the button fly-out using a mouse).

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Glad it helped!

I've not looked at the file for a year or so, it probably is quite out of date. There are possibly more changes ahead too with additional Freeview (HD) Muxes hopefully going live before Xmas.

I am not an expert at amending these things, but I copied and pasted some of the code from the web address in the xml into a browser and think I worked out that Movie Mix is there on the www.mydigiguide.com site with channel ID 51189 (as I said I'm no expert so this is a bit of a guess) so you could add that channel id to the xml file and see if it works?

Users can submit new and updated grabber files here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/webepg.136/

I only get Freeview at home, so there are lots of channels on there that I don't get, but I am not sure if satellite users do get them so I wouldn't want to delete any if I was submitting a grabber for general use.

I actually only use WebEPG for filling in on the radio channels and some fringe channels. I use XMLTV (via XMLTV GUI) with the RadioTimes grabber for my main channels. There is better quality data to be had this way, I get season and episode name and numbers, you might want to give this a go if that interests you. Also for any changes to the channel line up, you just click the 'refresh channels' button in the XMLTV GUI grabber settings, so much easier than amending the WEbEPG xml document!

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hello lisag,

Now that I have downloaded 2-www_mydigiguide_com.xml where should I put it.

Answer thoughtfully, please.

Cheers

Ralph

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Ha! Hi Ralph, I am afraid that I am no longer using MediaPortal TV Server, I have switched to Argus, so I can't look at my system to find the exact path for you.

But, the path would start with. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

Then you are looking for EPG / Grabbers / EN or UK / something like that. Just replace the one you have with the most recent one.
    You could try searching for the file in windows search.

Good luck!

lisa

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom