UK, Recording TV Series Lost (1 Viewer)

Teebor

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
UK
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but when I try to record the tv series lost off of channel four or E4 it records up to the black screen with the LOST text across it and then for the next 45 minutes it just loops that with the time counter going back to the exact time that the recording gets stuck.

If I fast forward it just jumps back to the same time index.

This is not specific to any version of media portal as the last three have all done the exact same thing.

I am guessing maybe its a codec issue? encoder maybe? if I actually watch it in live tv mode its fine, just playing back a recorded episode doesn't work.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? (I couldn't find another post about it using the search feature so maybe its just me)

Just for the record, other than the radio times EPG being really really really bad this month (which I am going to change) recording and playing back other programs is absolutely fine.

pepsi_max2k

Portal Member
December 11, 2005
i've seen comments about this all over the place. i thought it was just me who got mysterious things happening during the LOST titles, but apparently everyone gets it. mythtv in linux starts stuttering, obviously media portal has problems too. it's a channel 4 problem, god knows what they did to those titles, maybe they got lost too.

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
I used to get it happening. Now I don't.
I applied the dual tuner patches at some point - perhaps that helped.
I wonder if the issue is the signal for aspect ratio change.
I use nvidia codec - this is the only codec I know of that handles aspect ratio changing perfectly.

BigJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom