UK Sites ITV.com, 4OD, 5 on demand. (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I doubt it. Sky Go live channels in MediaPortal would be awesome but I'd never expect it.

Mozzla

Portal Member
September 19, 2011
Home Country
Apologies if this has been answered; All is working fine with the exception of ITV live - I can see the catch-up but there is no category for live TV. I have added one in the config, but cannot work out the correct URL to enter - the website address is http://www.itv.com/itv1/

If anyone could help, that would be great, especially with the Euro 2012 on ITV 1 right now ! Thanks, Mozzla

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I couldn't get the live streams to work, I'm sure I was close but the streams wouldn't play - I'll have another go if I get a chance (hopefully before the euros finish ;))

Mozzla

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks Brownard. The BBC News channel and BBC TWO live feeds work ok, the other BBC ones have problems with the URL, but only BBC ONE is really required. ITV live feeds are not on the list anyway. If you get chance, that would be great. The clumsy Win Media Centre MCEfree plugin works with the live feeds if that's any consolation ! Cheers,Moz

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've updated the site to include live streams :) , only the lowest quality streams seem to work though :(

I'll have a look at the BBC streams

Mozzla

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Many thanks for that. The quality is not too bad, but the HD would be nice of course....

I've posted another thread elsewhere, to obtain help in setting up an EPG without a TV card - which I have now done successfully. The reason being that I do not use MP with a TV card, only the online videos. But - I cannot see whats on through Online Vids, and although the categories of programmmes and programme names are listed for selection, there is no info about each programme. So, it's pot luck when choosing something to watch, unless you know what it is about. Of course, I could browse to the websiites, check, then select - but that defeats the whole purpose of using MP.

Now - I can see a 14 day EPG for the UK TV channels, which has some info about each programme, to guide me on choosing which to watch through Online Vids. It would be truly great if I could 1) select the channel in thhe TV EPG which then launched Online Vids into the corresponding live stream and 2) see a programme description of each listed programme from within online vids, perhaps either from a grab from the originating sites ( eg BBC ) or a grab from an EPG site ?

But what is there is great, so many thanks from me, and a wife who just needs to point and click !

Moz.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I should be able to scrape the current program info and add it to the stream title/description - I'll take a look.

You're gunna need a dedicated plugin to integrate a full epg directly with the streams though.

EDIT:
    I've fixed the BBC live streams, only the Akamai streams seem to work for BBC 1 though for some reason.

I've also added now/next info to the ITV and BBC stream descriptions using guide data scraped from xmltv.radiotimes.com and added options to change the way the data is formatted and to disable the guide data as it can take a couple of seconds to do the initial scrape.

Last edited:

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    I have BBC working fine with the proxy settings but need something for ITV so I can add the UK proxy and allow my mother inlaw to watch Emerdale while in Australia - Is there a way to add this to the ITV website configuration. I tried editing mediaportal.xml but I am flying blind here.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've updated all the UK on demand sites with options to specify a proxy. I can't test it obviously so not sure if it actually works though :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom