Uk Sky - Cam (1 Viewer)

kellizer2

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Hello,

I’m hoping to watch SKY Digital (UK) via the tvserver with a valid sky subscription card. I have a TT 3200-S2 card with a CAM extension but don’t fully understand what I need to do or buy to get this running. Looking at the prices (£100) I don’t want to get this wrong!

The “newbe” questions that I have are.

What CAM supports Sky Digital? From Googling, I believe that it is the T.Rex? Is this correct, if so, any particular version?

Do I need a loader card? If so, what are they used for?

Do I need to program the CAM? If so, do I need to buy a programmer device and what is the purpose for programming it?

I have read that you need to keep the SKY card “active” every month or so– does the CAM do this or do i have revert back to my sky box?

Does anyone know of any “Dummies Guide” to the whole process of using CAM or encrypted television?

Does anyone have SKY working successfully with the TV server?

Any help would be great appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

Ian.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I did not think this was even possible, did some investigation a while back but could not find a card that supported the VideoGuard encryption used by Sky. Things may have changed and that is something I would be interrested in.

kellizer2

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Thanks Funkstar:

Looking at the website, i can gt on for 79.95 - which states

"Dragon cam 4.1 with twin card readers . This comes with an access card 9 .This is a great piece of equipment and an essential for all satellite newbies .This decodes Irdeto, Nagra, Viaccess, Viaccess2, Seca and Conax and also supports Nds for use with original sky cards .All cams are shipped with working NDS software."

Does that mean that i can not bother with a programmer then?

Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom