yogiman_uk

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Manchester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Same Issues

Hi

Did anyone solve this problem properly as I am having exact same issue with 1.0.2

Cheers

yogiman!

Mr G

Portal Member
October 8, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
is the video card could be the source of the problem?
What is the minimum requirement for the VRM9... I'm still trying to find a solution.... and I try to find some help ;o)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
Video Card Radeon 9200

This seems to be the common factor with this issue. Versions of mediaportal greater than 1.0.0.0 and ATI Radeon cards are not friends. Although unfortunately nobody seems to know why. See this thread for many more people that share your pain!

MP101 Video Playback error - "Unable To Play"

Litle note - only really OLD ATIs have problems. I personaly can say, ATI HD3850,4550 and 4770 - no problems!

tom101

Portal Member
June 23, 2009
Yes, really OLD ATIs.... like three years.... which incidentally can handle running version 1.0.0 fine, so the capability of the card is not the issue.

Oh well I suppose I'll just have to throw my old hardware into landfill with all the rest of the toxic junk and buy something new to be up to date.

Mr G

Portal Member
October 8, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
yeah and it seems the problem is not solved. But thanks anyway tom101 for the link....
I don't want to change my video card.... !!!!
If the develloper can check that it could be great !

Emilio

Portal Member
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
XP sp3, Ati Radeon 9200, same problem after update to 1.0.2 from 1.0.0.
Solved with the workaround: enable EVR (and disable VMR9) in the config (DirectShow Filter Control -> Video Renderer Settings).

kheldar

Portal Member
December 11, 2005
Bendigo Australia
i have a shuttle with s3 video card and had the same problem

it was working and then stopped working

swapping to evr has got it working - multiple resinstalls of different versions didn't help, so it might be a windows problem

Emilio

Portal Member
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
I'm going to reinstall MP 1.0.0, but when I execute the EXE file dowloaded from sourceforge (MediaPortal | Get MediaPortal at SourceForge.net) the installer tell me "Installer integrity check has failed...".

I download several time with the same result. Downloaded in different computer in different houses with the same result.

¿Somebody has this version and can send it to me?

Thank's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom