unable to add video capture device (1 Viewer)

Mile5

January 21, 2009
Hello there,

I will feel stupid if it turns out I'm just thick. Alright, here's the problem. I just installed MP, and when I run the configuration tool there often isn't a tab where I can add a video capture device. (The guide pointed me in the right direction after all!) It was there once randomly, but gave me the error that it couldn't find any dtv device. Unfortunately that will have to be a problem for later on.

I included the logs but I guess they won't be of much use, as the configuration program didn't actually crash or give an error. Therefore I also included a screenshot of the problem.

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista x64 SP1
CPU Type: Intel C2D E6600
HDD: WD 160GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: Asrock p45turbotwins2000
Video Card: Sapphire 4850
Video Card Driver: catalyst 8.10
Sound Card: Realtek HD
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Twinhan cab-ci (mantis 2033)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.400
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: CM Real Power 520
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    149.4 KB

psych0matt

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
I am having this same problem! I have been trying a few different media center programs and haven't found much I like, but so far love MP! I also have no list of my tuners, where I have two that work with my other programs. Both Pinnacle, I have a PCI HDTV card, and a Pinnacle USB HD stick. Also, when I go into My Tv in the program, all I get is a the Tv Setup, and the only options are back and the specify an IP or Host Name. I'm assuming the second problem is related to the first...

Mile5

January 21, 2009
Yep this is really starting to bum me out. The guide tells me to add my "video capture device" there. But the tab/menu thingie is just gone. :confused:

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Guys, are you using the TV-server? Because thats when you will see the screen attached by Mile5, in which case you have to setup TV-Server first....and then you point the client to the TV-Server by specifying an IP-Address....

psych0matt

Portal Member
    January 25, 2009
    I installed the complete final MP package on the installer page, and I have a folder for Tv Server. Is there something I have to run to configure the Tv Server first? I've tried, but all I get is the SQL config box. Should I try installing Tv Server by itself now and see if that brings anything around?

Also, the IP, that's going to be the native computer's IP if on the same machine, correct? and different for other machines that use MP from first computer?

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I installed the complete final MP package on the installer page, and I have a folder for Tv Server. Is there something I have to run to configure the Tv Server first? I've tried, but all I get is the SQL config box.

That is exactly what you should get.....you obviously have not read the documentation :( Please read the content under the "MediaPortal TV-Server (current release Version 1.0)" section in the Wiki-pages....here is the link

Home - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Should I try installing Tv Server by itself now and see if that brings anything around?

No it would already have been installed......

Also, the IP, that's going to be the native computer's IP if on the same machine, correct? and different for other machines that use MP from first computer?

Use 'localhost'...that works. Or read the following section for installing the Loopback-Device.

TV-Server/FAQ - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

psych0matt

Portal Member
    January 25, 2009
    I understand what you're saying, and I've read the documentation, but I was confused. I can't get past the database config screen because everything auto installed. Is there a default password for the database server? That's where I'm getting stuck, i don't have a password :oops: I'm reading that it should be blank, but if I try it blank it says to enter a password :confused: I'm gonna look around here and see if theres any info on that, since everything I'm searching for comes up with way too much in depth detail

EDIT: Ok, I think I have the right password, maybe I did enter one (only one I would have), however, instead of getting the "enter a password" or "incorrect Password", I get Something to the effect of "The connection was made but there was no info on the other end of the pipe"

psych0matt

Portal Member
    January 25, 2009
    ok, My solution was to uninstall SQL server and reinstall, resetting my password. That worked, however, now when i open the tv configuration, it asks me if I want to start the TV server, I click yes, and I get a windows message saying that the TV server closed, and then just gives me the option to "find a solution online"

psych0matt

Portal Member
    January 25, 2009
    Uninstalled TVserver, reinstalled, and we're up and running, scanning for my cable channels as we speak. I think the main thing I originally missed was the setting the password for SQL. After that was fixed, everything was pretty straight forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom