underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Default (Blue Wide Skin)
    Windows Version: Windows 7 64Bit
    CPU Type: Pentium Dual Core 2.8GHZ E7400
    HDD: 2 x Western Digital 500gb (Striped)
    Memory: 2GB (DDR2)
    Motherboard: Microstar - MS-7514
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4550
    Video Card Driver: V8.812.0.0
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: V6.0.1.5713
    1. TV Card: Nebula DigiTV PCI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: BDA V1.1.1.1
    2. TV Card: Nebula DigiTV PCI
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: BDA V1.1.1.1
    3. TV Card: Nebula DigiTV PCI
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    3. TV Card Driver: BDA V1.1.1.1
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder V9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder V9
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder V9
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Origen X11
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: SUB-D

Hi

I have upgraded Mediaportal to 1.2.1 today (previously on 1.1.3), and for some reason I am no longer able to adjust volume, when I looked at General settings - Volume Control in Mediaportal setting, all the optios are now gray out, is this expected, and how am I expected to change volume, as the device I use is able to show the OSD being lowered and increased, but no difference to the sound while TV is playing back?

Any help here would be appreciated,

Miron

Portal Member
    August 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi,

I'm agree with you, MP definitely needs better volume handling.
    Currently in Win7, if I set master volume to 30%, MP can increase/decrease volume only between 0 and 30%, and steps to increase/decrease volume are set too high.
    At night I can't set volume enough quietly, it's turned off and first step up is normal daily volume and then just louder and louder until max 30%. Only way is to turn off MP, and manually decrease master volume to 10%.

And another annoying this is MP default sounds while navigating through menus and options. This default sound take win7 master volume, so if I set master volume to 100% those sounds will be reproduced at 100% volume, no mather that MP is set to lets say 10%.

I think that better option will be to totally remove MP volume options and use default win master volume or at least add option under configuration where is possible to disable MP volume options or options to set default MP volume and with remote we will control master volume.

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I have upgraded Mediaportal to 1.2.1 today (previously on 1.1.3), and for some reason I am no longer able to adjust volume, when I looked at General settings - Volume Control in Mediaportal setting, all the optios are now gray out, is this expected, and how am I expected to change volume, as the device I use is able to show the OSD being lowered and increased, but no difference to the sound while TV is playing back?

Any help here would be appreciated,

Were you able to fix this. I have exactly the same issue also upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.20 and even went to 1.2.1 and no volume control

savocanberra

Portal Member
    September 7, 2009
    Home Country
    same issue here using ATI audio device via HDMI. and onboard realtek device.

Only happens after a day use of MP, restart of MP fixes it.

Annoying me because I want to give the box back to my sister to use, it was a present :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

It is not possible to adjust the volume of a digital output like HDMI or SPDIF. You are only able to control the volume on the amplifier/receiver/TV.

mm

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It is not possible to adjust the volume of a digital output like HDMI or SPDIF. You are only able to control the volume on the amplifier/receiver/TV.

My audio goes out to tv via hdmi (default directsound device) and volume controls work fine in MP, so I'm not sure that's a blanket answer.

same issue here using ATI audio device via HDMI. and onboard realtek device.

So you are switching between outputting to 2 different audio devices, how are you doing this, is one set as default directsound device in MP config\filters + renderer.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi folks

mm

Actually it is possible to control spdif(dunno of hdmi,cos I cannot test it) at least using master volume control in Win7 & vista. I have optical spdif from MoBo to amplifier. It is based on Realtek chipset.
    With this pach:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/submit-code-patches-mediaportal-tv-server-etc-325/master-volume-master-volume-mute-vista-above-98463/

I can adjust master volume of an HTPC and it changes volume of spdif also.

Br,

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

I have the same experience (running Win7 32bit, MePo 1.2.2 Ati HD65xx Video card). My HTPC is connect to an amplifier trough HDMI. In the MePo settings app all the volume options are grayed out. The volume sliders in Win7 works fine to control the volume, so HDMI sound volume can be controlled by Windows.

I noticed this issue the other day, but it's not very important to me because I usually control the volume with the amp.

Regards,
    PK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom