Unable to cast COM object of type 'TsReader' to interface type 'ITSReader'. (1 Viewer)

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass Nova
    Windows Version: Windows 7 x64 ulti

Hi,
    I have somewhat of a problem. Every now and then, Mediaportal crashes. Actually, what happens is, the interface freezes, while the video (TV) continues. We notice, because the subtitles freeze, and then it becomes unresponsive. Eventually, the image also freezes.
    I can't really see a pattern in it. It could be related to recordings, but I can't be sure. I have started recording a few series, and I don't really keep track with when they are on.

The TV Server/service is running on the same computer, so there shouldn't be any network problems.

I have attached all the logs that have been written to, around the time where it last crashed.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Unable to cast COM object of type 'TsReader' to interface type 'ITSReader'.

IMHO this issue is resolved in 1.2 (alpha, beta, rc?) build. It was caused by a threading issue, the tsreader filter was accessed from another thread than the creator

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Nicoolai

Have you installed any patches?

mm

I'm not sure what you mean with patches. I have installed a bunch of plugins, but they are all pretty mainstream.
    TV-Series, Moving pictures, and the latest addition is powerscheduler++.

IMHO this issue is resolved in 1.2 (alpha, beta, rc?) build. It was caused by a threading issue, the tsreader filter was accessed from another thread than the creator
    So this is actually a problem in the tsreader, and not something I can get fixed, other than upgrading to 1.2?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Unable to cast COM object of type 'TsReader' to interface type 'ITSReader'.

yes, updating is the way to go for you.

currently 1.2 RC is available, if you wait until (approx.) next week, you can use the 1.2 final version.

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: AW: Unable to cast COM object of type 'TsReader' to interface type 'ITSReader'.

yes, updating is the way to go for you.

currently 1.2 RC is available, if you wait until (approx.) next week, you can use the 1.2 final version.
    Thanks, I'll definitely wait for the final, if it's this close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom