Unable to connect Ceton Tuner in US (1 Viewer)

Twoarcadians

Portal Member
August 3, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am one of many with Windows 8.1 with Windows Media Center. I have downloaded Media Portal 1. I have a Ceton InfiniTV Ethernet 6 channel TV tuner. I am unable to connect the TV tuners. The wiki instructions don't work. Nothing comes up like the directions state. I am at a loss.

Twoarcadians

Portal Member
August 3, 2015
Home Country
Thanks for your help. I'm getting closer. Now in Media Portal I can click on the TV, but get Error 109-98

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm getting closer.
    Great! :)

Now in Media Portal I can click on the TV, but get Error 109-98
    Huh!?! Never heard of such an error before. Usually errors have actual text saying what went wrong. For example, "no signal" or whatever. :confused:

Can you please post log files and a screenshot?
    Instructions for gathering log files can be found here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

It's easy, promise. Just use the debug-tool with option 1 to start MP; go to TV; try to start a couple of channels; close MP; the debug-tool will create a zip file for you; then you just have to post/attach the zip file.
    F11 saves a screenshot to your Windows my pictures folder.

Twoarcadians

Portal Member
    August 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Here is log. TV Guide states "No data available. But test states connected to tuner, There is no indication of how to connect to Cable provider.

Twoarcadians

Portal Member
    August 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Was starting to make progress again. Now TV Server config won't open.[DOUBLEPOST=1438955197][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S. I'm ready to chuck this whole business. I've spent hours/days on my computer with this, and have gotten basically nowhere.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm ready to chuck this whole business. I've spent hours/days on my computer with this, and have gotten basically nowhere.
    I empathise. Truly, I do.

If/when problems arise, we don't expect you to solve them yourself. We expect you to ask for help precisely so that you don't waste hours/days on your computer and go nowhere. Obviously it's impossible to help you unless and until you ask for help. When you don't answer questions (like the one I asked in my previous post) we also can't help you.

If you want to continue please use task manager to check that there's not a "zombied" version of TV Server config (SetupTV.exe) running. If there is, kill it. If all else fails, reboot the PC. These steps should enable TV Server config to open. After that I advise you to tell us about where you're up to and what you're trying to do next and let us help you... rather than spending more hours/days going nowhere.

Twoarcadians

Portal Member
    August 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you. I've been going through the Wiki, but must be MP2. I downloaded MP1. I need to config tuner to receive data. States no data available. And when I open MP and click on TV, It won't stay on. I then go to home, click on TV, won't click on.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I need to config tuner to receive data. States no data available.
    Are you talking about EPG data? It isn't clear.
    If you are, I can tell you that MediaPortal can't use your tuner to get EPG data. The cable providers (Comcast etc.) use proprietary and undocumented methods for broadcasting their EPG. Therefore we weren't able to implement support for it. Therefore you need to get your EPG data from an external source. Here's a summary of options:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...auppauge-pvr-2250-to-mp2.131490/#post-1145992

And when I open MP and click on TV, It won't stay on. I then go to home, click on TV, won't click on.
    That probably indicates your tuner is not configured appropriately, or your channel scan was unsuccessful.
    Which guide did you follow to configure these things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom