[solved] unable to connect to database all ports fine (1 Viewer)

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
Very important: you need to make sure you alter the TV Server one, because that one is copied for MediaPortal on all clients. To be clear, any changes in the MediaPortal ones that are not also made in the TV Server one will be overwritten.

I did both for TV server and client folder.
Which machine did you reboot - client-only or client-server (HTPC)?
Client-server.

If you had asked I could have told you that wouldn't help. ;)
Really, the two solutions I listed in my previous post are the only way you are going to solve this problem. No amount of reinstalling will help.
I haven't explored the first solution you suggested due to security. Also not sure which of the roots I should change. Non of the roots have a schema privilege. Should it be like that?

It looks like you're making progress though, because some are using mediaportal. According to your previous logs 192.168.1.5 is HTPC (the server). I can't tell if that is TV Server without fresh logs.

If you want further help from me, fresh logs from both the client and server (HTPC) would be helpful at this point.
Yea 192.168.1.5 is HTPC the TV server. I've uploaded new logs.

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
Progress has been made. I change the "Server=HTPC" to "Server=192.168.1.5" and now it doesn't complain about the database. It tries and sometimes it works but then it says "31456 (tcp) remote control". Then it'll say "Unable to Connected to TV-server, Connected to database. I do get my channels listed.

Also now the TV doesn't work on the server itself. Says no free card available. Not even WebMediaPortal works now. I uploaded some new logs.

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
I kicked AMD-FX with is my client computer using WebMediaPortal and now TV works. Works on WebMediaPortal and now the client PC through MediaPortal. Also works on TVserver.

Tides go in tides go out, you can't explain that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhhh, would you believe that I saw your post and checked your logs yesterday evening, and was going to suggest to try ping and swapping the hostname for the IP address. Unfortunately I simply ran out of time (too many chores, and a running race)... but I'm glad to see you already tried it and have success. :)

I guess there may be issues with DNS (converting host-name "HTPC" to the correct IP address) on the client.

Is the server IP address (192.168.1.5) configured as static/fixed?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great. (y)
    If it is a DNS issue and you especially wanted to use the hostname then it should be possible to add an entry to the Windows hosts file. That should sort things out quick smart.

Aside from that: sounds like this problem is solved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom