Unable to connect to TV server on host ... (1 Viewer)

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When trying to configure MP on one of my PC's (pcname:ASTERIX), I get the above error.
    I have a multi-seat setup, see my system specs.
    On the other PC that I use MP (pcname: MEDIAPC), there is no problem.
    I have read the documentation (troubleshouting - TV server/Database) and tried everything in there, but to no avail.
    I have even switched of the firewall completely. Nothing helps.
    Pinging the TV server host (pcname: TVSERVER8) from the client PC is ok and I can access shares on the TV server host PC from the client PC.
    Anything else I can try?

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    I entered the IP address and now the Mediaportal Configuration can find the TV server and complains no more.
    However, when I start Mediaportal, it cannot find the TV server and prompts me to specify the hostname / IP address (even while it displays the correct IP address that I just entered...)
    Suggestion: can the problem have something to do with IPV6 vs IPV4 addresses?
    I noticed when pinging that the TV server address was shown as fd00::6453:3c61:7c99:fba, as to my knowledge it was 192.168.178.28 (this was what I entered in Mediaport Configuration).
    BTW: I would like to upload the correct logfiles, but I don't know how to do this on my Windows 8 PC; there is no start-menu with debug option as there is on Windows 7.

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    short version: disabled ipv6, now it works.

long version:
    disabled ipv6 on one of the network adapters (my PC's motherboard has 2 network connections, only one of them is enabled).
    MP still did not work, so also disabled ipv6 on other (disabled) network connection.
    MP now did work, but only once. Next time I started MP: same problem reappeared.
    I restarted the network DCHP server (Fritzbox).
    MP seemed to work (could find TV server), but with strange problems: "missing label" in TV guide, hangs when starting live TV.
    Restarted PC (again) and entered Mediaportal Configuration.
    MediaPortal Configuration now recognized the TV server's host name, so no need anymore to specify the IP address.
    Everything seems to work now.

Thanks again!
    BTW: can you tell me how to generate proper MP logfiles on Windows 8 PC?

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem. IP6 ist disabled on TVServer and Client. But it dosen't work.

On TVServer is a new Installation Win8.1/MP1.7.1 and on Client Win8.1/Mp1.7.0

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    it dosen't work.
    what exactly "DOesn't work"? i don't see any problem with connection to TV server from your logs. The only thing that CAN give some troubles is
    [2014-04-29 11:32:41,812] [Log ] [FilterChecker] [INFO ] - FilterChecker: Found TsReader.ax from 03.04.2009 located at C:\Program Files (x86)\WinTV\WinTV7\HCWTSReader.ax
    so please deinstall WinTV program or at least deregister that filter.

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    when i try to connect Client to Server in MP-Config i get the Message(Client01.png).

There is no Programm WINTV. How to derigister that Filter?? Only delete this Folder will do it??

Attachments

• Client01.PNG
      Client01.PNG
      99.5 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    in command prompt type
    Code:
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinTV\WinTV7\HCWTSReader.ax"
    and after that delete this folder.

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have HCWTSReader.ax unregistered and delete the Folder. But no changing.
    How can i test the connect from Client to Server. Ping ist OK. What does the connectiontest in MPConfig do??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom