Unable to create a permanent audio delay or fix sync issue! :( (1 Viewer)

Metronome

Banned Users
February 28, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello everyone! I'm new to the Media Portal forums so please forgive me for being a "Noob" :(

I've had Media Portal for a while and am loving it, it's become quite addictive! I've encountered many issues along the way but have managed to fix them all by either my own means or by reading the forums. Yet, i'm currently plaeged by an issue that i've been unable to resolve by any means and it's started to do my head in! :mad:

For whatever reason every file i play (Music video, movie, tv series) has a 150ms audio delay. So every single time i watch something i have to press "Y" and bring the slider back "-3" (50ms intervals). I'm running a well equipped media center pc and have the latest updates for every piece of software both internal and external of Mediaportal. I'm using FFdshow for both video and audio codecs and am rendering wtih ReClock.

I tried to set an audio delay in FFdShow via the "output" tub but that just cuts all audio completely. I also tried via the speaker delay section and applied it to all individual speaker values but that doesn't do anything at all. I tried to change the renderer too, but that typically doubles the error to 300ms.

What can i do!? I'm out of ideas! Please help me, my head is about to explode!

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i had the same problem. The delay setting for ffdshow audio decoder never worked for me so i decided to use LAV audio decoder. If i set the delay to 150ms inside the lav audio decoder settings, it works fine for me.

Metronome

Banned Users
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i had the same problem. The delay setting for ffdshow audio decoder never worked for me so i decided to use LAV audio decoder. If i set the delay to 150ms inside the lav audio decoder settings, it works fine for me.

legnod, you're pretty much my favorite person in the world right now. I changed the decoder to Lav and tweaked some settings and now with the delay applied everything is perfect! Thanks! Now all i need to do is figure out why the television reception is so horrible in Mediaportal compared to running it into the television. But, that's a new thread. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom