Unable to create graph (ASUSTeK Tiger Hybrid) (1 Viewer)

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The instructions are only an example of how to set up ONE type of card, a DVB-T card. You need to substitute a few things that you have. It appears that you have an analog card, so you would use WDM filters, not BDA. I Googled for your card and did not come up with any info. You are going to have to provide info on exactly what your card is. Is it USB?

I'm not positive on how to setup a card for your location. As an EXAMPLE, here is the graph for my All-in-Wonder analog card, set up for the USA. This is only an example, your set up will use different filters.

boxrun

Portal Member
December 17, 2006
Home Country
The ASUS 7131 is a dual digital + analog. The analog part *was fine. it was the digital part that had the graph errors.

I tried a clean install of windows and media portal just incase something was screwed up somewhere. and now its different ! the analog part now also gets the graph error !

I've also transplanted the tuner card into my regular PC and install media portal and the same thing happens.

the odd thing is during the initial setup wizard media portal seems able to use the card without error and actually scan for channels ! But when launching the normal setup app at can't and gets the graph error and removes the tuning tab.

Can anyone confirm they have got the ASUS 7131 dual to work with the current version of media portal ? its in the list of compatible cards !

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
I tried a clean install of windows and media portal just incase something was screwed up somewhere. and now its different ! the analog part now also gets the graph error !

If MP sees your card, but you get a graph error, you probably don't have the correct filters installed. Or the pin assignment is wrong. You can identify the problem with GraphEdit, run it first when scanning for channels, then again when you get the error. Do a screen capture each time and post them, along with your CaptureCardDefinitions.xml entry for your card.

Paul

JPG

Portal Member
December 15, 2006
Still no go.

Paul,

I believe the SMRT is the right one.

I tried to connect the SMRT capture filter video out using pin #0 instead of pin #2but it said not compatiable.

I cannot find an MPEG2 encoder...I tried to look and could not find one. I don't even know where it goes.

I guess I am at a dead end here, I don't see any other SMRT filters to add.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
Paul,

I believe the SMRT is the right one.

I tried to connect the SMRT capture filter video out using pin #0 instead of pin #2but it said not compatiable.

I cannot find an MPEG2 encoder...I tried to look and could not find one. I don't even know where it goes.

I guess I am at a dead end here, I don't see any other SMRT filters to add.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

It looks like The SMRT Encoder is the correct one for your device. What type of graph is created during the card setup?

You can change some settings on the filters by right clicking and selecting "properties". The tuner is one filter that you can change, you can select a different channel.

My experience has been that you can connect any out pin to any in pin on the corresponding filter, if it's wrong the graph won't play. Have you tried playing TV through the graph?

Another thing, if the encoder is capable of both MPEG2 & MPEG4, it may be trying to encode MPEG4. Try to change that in its propeties, or open the original application and set up the MPEG2 encoder there.

JPG

Portal Member
December 15, 2006
Paul,

Still not sure I am getting it. So far the graphs don't play, but what are they supposed to play? I have not selected a file

I revised my graph, not sure if its correct.

JPG

Portal Member
December 15, 2006
No Luck

Paul,

No go. I tried to play the graph and it says, error "no more data is on the tape." Return Code 0x80070450

When I tried to go into the properties of the tuner, it only lets me go to channels 273 and 100 but nothing plays.

JPG

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
Paul,

No go. I tried to play the graph and it says, error "no more data is on the tape." Return Code 0x80070450

When I tried to go into the properties of the tuner, it only lets me go to channels 273 and 100 but nothing plays.

JPG

If this is an analog card, those channel numbers seem too high. Are you trying to watch from a cable TV feed? If there is a setting for the input type (cable or broadcast) change it to broadcast.

Since this card was already listed, someone else must have it working. Because you're posting under the ASUSTeK Tiger Hybrid thread, anyone that has a SMRT card will most likely ignore it. You may want to start a new thread with the name of the card in the thread title. Repost all of the info that you have. And PLEASE follow the procedures outlined in this thread:

How To Start A Support Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom