Unable to create graph (ASUSTeK Tiger Hybrid) (1 Viewer)

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Feffe71,

If you have the same capture card, you should be able to get it to work with the info in this thread.

The thing that may be different would be your video/audio encoder. Read the wiki entry on how to add a capture card. This will help you to understand what you are trying to accomplish.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Add_TVCard_to_natively_supported_list

You may get away with changing the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file like mbm 1980 did, but you will need to install the same video encoder. He lists the InterVideo encoder. You can't just copy the file that he posted, the formatting is changed by the forum program.

Give it a try, we are here to help if you need it.

Paul

Feffe71

Portal Member
October 4, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi Paul,

Nice that you answered, but im very newbie of these kind of things but i know i have to give it a try. The Digitaltuner works fine, its just the analouge tuner which gives me problem.

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
We were all newbies, once.

I have only set up a handful of cards. Someone helped me.

If it will give you a better idea of the process, download and run GraphEdit. Here is a link to get it:

http://www.shspvr.com/graph_build/download/graphedit_dx9.zip

What you want is the names of the filters installed on your system (just the ones your card uses), and the pin number assignments from a working graph. You then change the CaptureCardDefinitions file to match what you found in the graph. Open the file with Notepad, there are alot cards listed, so make sure you get the correct entry.

Like I said before, you should be able to do the changes that mbm 1980 did.

boxrun

Portal Member
December 17, 2006
Home Country
Hi,

I'm another Media Portal NooB.

I've read lots of info in this forum and manged to get my iMon remote and FVD to work perfectly. But I can't get the ASUS 7131 Dual TV tuner to work for digital, it has a can't create graph error as described in this thread.

The solution in this thread is beyond my abilities I think. Could some one send a card description file that works (with instructions) please ......Just make it easy for me somehow.

Otherwise I will have to give up on this good looking app and have to do the unthinkable and go buy XP/MCE

If its of any relevance I'm running Windows 2000 on a nforce2 IGP

JPG

Portal Member
December 15, 2006
I guess I am a newbie too

I tried to do what was done....but I think I am failling miserably. I tried to set up my card (SMRT TV Tuner Card- Sony Vaio), but I cannot even find the filters or make my graph looking anything like what I have seen here, any suggestions?

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
Both boxrun & JPG,

The process is fairly straight forward. If there is an existing entry for your card in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file, use that as a starting point. If not, try to find a card that has the same chipset. You also need drivers that are compatible with Windows Media Center. WDM & BDA drivers are what you want.

Next you need to run GraphEdit. Insert the filters that are called out in the definitions xml and connect the pins. If MP will recognize your card, but cannot make a graph, run GraphEdit at the same time that you have the card config window up. Then connect to a remote graph. This may show you what is not working (connecting). You can then concentrate on only fixing things that are broke. The pin numbers and filter names, in the CaptureCardDefinitions file, must match the ones in a WORKING graph.

If there is absolutely no close entry for your card, you may need to submit your data to see if they can make your card work.

Oh, and please read the wiki from front to back. I don't mind helping, but alot of what I keep repeating is listed in the documentation or in forum stickies.

Paul

JPG

Portal Member
December 15, 2006
Paul,

I am trying, but I think this is a little advanced for me. I looked at the CapturedCardsDefinitions file and I had a number of capture cards come up. I believe this to be the one that is the TV tuner.

I cannot figure out how to use Graph edit.....I took a shot at it (see attached), but honestly, I do not know what I am doing. You say its straightforward, but frankly, I cannot follow it.

I would appreciate help.

- <capturecard commercialname="NVTV Dual Tuner" capturename="NVTV" devid="Ven_123f&dev_8120&subsys_024810de&rev_b1">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false" bda="false" />
- <tv>
<interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0" />
- <filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="NVTV Tuner" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="NVTV Audio" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="crossbar" name="NVTV Crossbar" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="capture" name="NVTV" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="videncoder" name="NVTV Encoder" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="audencoder" name="NVIDIA Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false" />
<filter cat="mux" name="NVIDIA MPEG Multiplexer" checkdevice="false" />
</filters>
- <connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%" />
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%" />
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1" />
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1" />
<connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0" />
</connections>
</tv>

:\[/IMG]

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
The CaptureCardDefinitions entry you posted is for a NVTV card, while the graph shows the SMRT tuner that you said that you had. I don't believe NVTV is the correct entry.

Your graph looks like a good start, check through all of the filters for anymore that look like they are for your card. If they have SMRT in the title, add them to the graph. I don't know if the SMRT encoder is a MPEG2 encoder, but that is what you need.

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
Here's the CaptureCardDefinitions entry for your card:

HTML:
<capturecard capturename="SMRT Capture" devid="ven_4444&amp;dev_0016&amp;subsys_813d104d&amp;rev_01" commercialname="Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder" >
    <capabilities tv="true" sw="false" radio="false" mce="false" bda="false" mpeg2="true" />
    <tv>
      <interface audio="" video="" mpeg2="0" cat="encoder" />
      <filters>
        <filter name="SMRT TV Tuner" checkdevice="true" cat="tvtuner" />
        <filter name="SMRT TV Audio" checkdevice="true" cat="tvaudio" />
        <filter name="SMRT Crossbar" checkdevice="true" cat="crossbar" />
        <filter name="SMRT Capture" checkdevice="true" cat="capture" />
        <filter name="SMRT Encoder" checkdevice="true" cat="encoder" />
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkpin="%tvtuner%" sinkfilter="crossbar" />
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkpin="0" sinkfilter="tvaudio" />
        <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkpin="%audiotuner%" sinkfilter="crossbar" />
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkpin="0" sinkfilter="capture" />
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkpin="1" sinkfilter="capture" />
        <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkpin="0" sinkfilter="encoder" />
        <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3" sinkpin="1" sinkfilter="encoder" />
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

Your graph shows the SMRT capture filter video out using pin #2 (the first pin is usually 0), while the file I posted lists pin #0.

Hope this helps.

Paul

boxrun

Portal Member
December 17, 2006
Home Country
OK

I'm trying. I'm not lazy. But I'm also not smart. What is "fairly straight forward" for some can be very hard for others like me.

following instructions from here ;
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Add_TVCard_to_natively_supported_list

I'm getting no where. After inserting the microsoft DVB-T network provider, the 713x DBA digital capture (reciever component) and the 713x DBA DVBT tuner (source filter). I'm now stuck !! When I try to connect pins I can't as I recieve an error message saying ;
These filters cannot agree on a connection. Verify type compatibility of input and output. No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection. (Return code: 0x80040217)

So I can go no further on the instructions that I don't understand anyway !

HELP please ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom